There are newer employer reviews for Culver's

Great experience for a high school student wanting part-time work.

Former Employee - Team Member in Decatur, IL
Former Employee - Team Member in Decatur, IL

Pros

Friendly environment where the customers are treated respectfully. Staff members are held to fairly strict standards but for good reason. Culver's is the only food service job that I've held and continued to eat there.

Cons

Sometimes scheduling would be difficult for high school students that were also involved in extra-curricular activities, for example if I had a few weeks where I couldn't work as much it would be difficult to make it back on the schedule.

Advice to Management

Management was great, I felt very prepared to work in a variety of environments and the customer service skills I learned at Culver's has been very helpful in many of my positions held since.

Other Employee Reviews for Culver's

1. A good first job.

Former Employee - Crew Trainer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Crew Trainer in Chicago, IL

Pros

Flexible scheduling; the ability to come back and work summers. Employees tend to be nice and outgoing people so working isn't always boring.

Cons

The pay is pretty dismal. Management is incompetent and usually plays favorites. Most managers don't stay long because they realize working at Culver's provides little opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees and more importantly treat them with respect.

I have worked here for 4 years and have not been satisfied at all.

Current Employee - Cashier/Crew Member in Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - Cashier/Crew Member in Evansville, IN

Pros

I love the people that I work with. If you want to make friends, work here.

Cons

The management doesn't manage. They sit in the office, while the crew members do all the work. They complain all the time about how hard they work, but they can't even make a smoothie because they don't help out ever. When they get upset they take it out on anyone who is near, and never take responsibility for the things they do wrong. They don't give enough breaks, and it makes the team very cranky. The general manager is incompetent.

Advice to Management

Be more of a team to the crew. Stay out of the management office during rushes and take responsibility for your actions. Appreciate the good workers who actually do their job as well.