There are newer employer reviews for Culver's

Fast paced, standing long hours, satisfying the customer

Current Employee - Team Member in Chandler, AZ
Current Employee - Team Member in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Culver's

Pros

Great place to work. Restaurant offers unique food items. Management is fair to all employees.

Cons

the pay. Gets hot in the kitchen.

Advice to Management

Culver's has been a nice place to work, both in Chicago and Chandler. Managment has been fair and I appreciate the chance to prove myself to the company.

reviews filtered by
  1. Not great.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

I worked at Culver's

Pros

I guess it's a decent place to be at to start of if you don't have any job experience at all.

Cons

Only 25% off of food if you aren't working at the time, which to me seemed like it was total bs.

Advice to Management

Stop being so hard headed and skimping on the things you give out to your customers. I mean seriously why can't we just have forks and knives out there for people to take when they want them instead of having to come up and ask for anything they want? If they take it they obviously wanted it.

Not an ideal job.

Former Employee - Cashier/Crew Member in Buffalo Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Cashier/Crew Member in Buffalo Grove, IL

I worked at Culver's

Pros

Some of the employees and managers are nice people, and you meet some nice customers. When you are lucky enough to work off times likes weekday afternoons the atmosphere is very relaxed and can be fun.

Cons

Salary is minimum wage. and as far as I knew there was no hope for any raises unless you got promoted. Most of the managers and "higher ranked" employees are incompetent and lazy. At my location, the main manager's two sons and their girlfriends were all in charge even though they had no ability to lead. All of the employees who weren't family or friends were worked to their limits and bossed around while all of the workers who had the pleasure of benefiting from nepotism got to sit back and chat. I was constantly being jerked around from one task to another, and expected to be doing 10 things at once while other employees did absolutely nothing.

The restaurant attracts a lot of sports teams and large groups of children and teens, and most of them are spoiled and treat employees like garbage. Culver's is notoriously understaffed at busy times, as they can't seem to get the concept that you would need more workers on a Saturday night than a Tuesday afternoon. Then the employees who are there get yelled at by customers for "taking too long" when there are 2 employees working and 30 people in line. I was constantly stressed out and on edge, and I generally left work completely burned out and in a bad mood.

Their "training" is terrible. They have whoever is on shift at the time give you a brief and half-hearted explanation of what you do, then throw you right in. I was "trained" on working drive-thru in 10 minutes and then expected to be able to handle it by myself and be as fast as everyone else. I had a jerk manager over my shoulder saying "Faster, faster, you have to go faster!" which stressed me out even more, and they get on your case for every little mistake you make. Criticism is given often but rarely do you get any praise. I had numerous customers come up to my managers praising my service and they said nothing to me about it or even gave me a pat on the back. But the second one complaint is made or they see me mess any little thing up, they will give you a neverending lecture.

Overall, not a good place to work. At least at my location.

Advice to Management

It's very unprofessional to have your family and their friends/girlfriends in charge. You expect other employees to work their butts off and be professional, and then you have them eating out of the ice cream containers and chatting in the back. That "do as I say, not as I do" attitude is what makes your other employees so bitter. Learn how to run a business and save family fun time for home.

There are newer employer reviews for Culver's