There are newer employer reviews for Culver's

Great First Job

Former Employee - Team Member  in  Madison, WI
Former Employee - Team Member in Madison, WI

I worked at Culver's part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culver's was a great place to have my first job. I started when I was 14 and worked there until I left for college. While working there, I gained experience working on a team, helping customers, obeying management, and all of the petty things that future employers want work experience for.

At least at my restaurant, it was extremely flexible. I could ask off as many days as I wanted, and I changed my availability every couple months or so to work around my school and extracurricular schedule.

The discount is 25% for you and whoever you are with at the time, and 50% on the days that you work.

I've had the opportunity to meet Craig Culver on several occasions, and I couldn't approve more. He is one of the most genuinely nice and caring people I have ever met!

Cons

First of all, the shifts are very regimented. If you want to get a drink of water or go to the bathroom, you have to get permission from a manager. Same goes for applying discounts to orders and other similar tasks. The work isn't always fun, either. You will have to clean toilets, scrub baseboards, pick gum out of carpets, deal with angry customers, and all of the other things that working in a restaurant throws your way!

Loosen up the reigns on employees a bit...must of them are young, but shouldn't need to ask permission to do everything! Open up more opportunities for advancement as well.

126 Other Employee Reviews for Culver's (View Most Recent)

Abusive and sometimes dangerous work environment.

Former Employee - Crew Member  in  Zion, IL
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Zion, IL

I worked at Culver's part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Can learn how to be a team player. Usually friendly co-workers. Schedule is usually flexible. Easy to learn all positions. The company itself has good culture.

Cons

Verbally abusive and manipulative owners/operators. Only offered a raise once in my 5-6 years there. Every mistake you make during your day will get you scolded. Professionalism is very lacking here. I was expected to do the work of 2 - 4 crew members on a daily biases. We had a checklist that was nearly impossible to complete in the allotted time given by owner/operators. And if it wasn't completed you would get yelled at. The store lacked proper protective equipment to clean and filter the scolding 350+ degree deep-fat fryers everyday. Even if we had this equipment like gloves,face mask, and a heat resistant apron we were in the kitchen usually alone or understaffed. So, every order you received you would have to take it all off and then make sure you washed your hands and proceed to make the food. (Which was impossible to do with time restraints.) Not to mention that you have one less fryer to cook food with too. The work environment here was down right horrible.

I would say that mistakes are going to happen to everyone almost everyday and that it is needed to be accepted by you. It's the way that mistakes are handled that's going to set you apart from others. Yelling at your workers and general abusive behavior isn't acceptable in any circumstances. You didn't yell at customers. You didn't yell at the corporate workers that came in from time to time. So, You chose who to be abusive to and it was within your control not to act in that manner.

Great first job

Current Employee - Team Member  in  Jenison, MI
    Current Employee - Team Member in Jenison, MI

I have been working at Culver's part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ways to move up at the restuarant

Cons

Starting pay...minimum wage, but that's to be expected

There are newer employer reviews for Culver's

Worked for Culver's? Contribute to the Community!