Cumberland Farms
www.cumberlandfarms.com Framingham, MA 5000+ Employees

Too much work for little pay

Customer Service Leader (Current Employee)
Westport, CT

ProsFull time position.
75 dollar bonus if the Mystery shopper score is met according to company margins.
1 week of pay for Christmas bonus.
Awesome health benefits through Blue Cross/Blue Shield

ConsPosition deals with all walks of life; from the snooty rich snobs who are condescending to the low income hoodlums who you always have to watch when they are in you store to prevent pilfering.
If you do not take your 1 week sick pay then they give it to you as a Christmas bonus.
Low income stores have one person coverage at night.
Gas spills usually happens because customers wedge their gas caps in the gas handles then go into the store to browse and gas hose disconnections happen primarily because the customer wedges the handle then goes into their vehicle to use their cell phone.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not trust your area sales managers, do your job to the company policy.

Mixed feelings on Cumberland Farms

Field Auditor (Former Employee)
    Framingham, MA

I worked at Cumberland Farms full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Co workers were very team oriented within departments. Health plan I thought… Cons: The middle management in my opinion are not a people orientated group and… Advice to Senior Management: The company should treat long term employees better, their knowledge is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Chewed up and spit out

Manchester, NH

I have been working at Cumberland Farms

Pros: If you did your job "properly", you see/hear your supervisor 1x per week. When properly staffed, you work 50 hrs… Cons: Inconsistency of upper management communication and expectations. "Job enrichment" was a serious downside. Unreasonable hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly expectations based from micromanagement. Not allowing… Advice to Senior Management: Case study: Whole Foods No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Cumberland Farms.

Worked for Cumberland Farms? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cumberland Farms reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cumberland Farms CEO Joseph H. (Joe) Petrowski. All reviews posted anonymously by Cumberland Farms employees.