Cumberland Farms

www.cumberlandfarms.com
  www.cumberlandfarms.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cumberland Farms

This is my favorite job I've had so far!

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate
Current Employee - Customer Service Associate

I have been working at Cumberland Farms part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people I work with are all really nice, and so are my bosses. There is a "family"-like environment there that I just love. My job is always a lot of fun and interesting. I actually look forward to going to work! I also adore all of Cumberland Farms' food, especially their chocolate bars! I really hope to stay with this company for a while. I would definitely recommend working for them to anyone that loves a job working with people!

Cons

My hourly rate is just above minimum wage. Every week, I have to struggle with not being able to pay all of my bills. When we get new employees, my boss tends to give more hours to them, rather than to the employees that have been with the company for a while already. It would also be nice to be guaranteed a minimum amount of hours for part time workers. It's hard going from 32 hours to 8 hours, then back up to 20 hours.

Please consider raising the hourly rate for customer service associates. Or have a 6 month review, in addition to the first yearly review for newer employees.

45 Other Employee Reviews for Cumberland Farms (View Most Recent)

Mixed Emotions

Current Employee - Manager In Training in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Manager In Training in Providence, RI

I have been working at Cumberland Farms full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ambitious future plans, decent benefits, easy work, some newer stores

Cons

Poor life/work balance, long hours, low pay, some very outdated stores, poor middle management

The message from the top gets lost in translation by the time it gets to store level. Look at your middle management and find out what message they are giving at store level, you will be surprised at how different it is. The manager in training programs needs an overhaul. Having someone in that position and constantly jerking them around and really just giving them all the shifts no one else wants send a very bad message and has been enough for me to consider leaving, especially as weeks turn into months. No one has anything positive to say about the 450 program other then, "I had to do it too" which probably means something is wrong.....

Manager In Training

Current Employee - Manager In Training
    Current Employee - Manager In Training

I have been working at Cumberland Farms full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only "good" thing about working here is that it's easy and requires no brain function at all. Once you've worked here for a sufficient amount of time then it's just going through the motions. I don't even think you can qualify that as "good."

Cons

There is a severe lack of communication from upper management to those at the store level. Upper management is completely out of touch with retail operations at store level as well as the day to day functions that occur. There is no backing from upper management when it comes to customer complaints. Once a customer complains then it's an automatic "I'm sorry and here's a refund as well as some free coupons for next time." There is no desire to understand the other side of the situation. Upper management makes decisions without fully understanding just how it will affect those are store level. Numerous times decisions had to be back tracked, changed, or completely canceled because it wasn't working like how it was written. In my case I've been a Manager In Training for almost 1.5 years and I completed the training program over a year ago. During the year since I finished I had been promised multiple different scenarios of me having my own store but instead I've just been moved around with no real set destination or plan. I feel used and lied to. All could be forgiven had it not been for the fact that every time I was transferred to a different store no one from upper management spoke to me about how I felt or even informed me of the move until it was a week before I was set to leave. In most cases I was the last person in the store to know of the shift. How can the person that's being moved be the last to know? Originally I was told that I didn't have to leave the store I first started at but 4 transfers and about 60000 miles later I'm still a Manager "In Training."

Have better compensation and communication with lower level staff. Giving sufficient amount of support would also be helpful.

There are newer employer reviews for Cumberland Farms