Cummins

www.cummins.com

Growth potential with excellent benefits, work-life balance, and diverse workplace.

IT Team Leader (Current Employee) Cookeville, TN

ProsExcellent benefits in a market that doesn't always offer them. Also, great growth potential and a forward-thinking performance management system that helps employees to discern areas for development. Quarterly performance checks and annual reviews.

Most managers recognize the need for a good work-life balance, and are flexible with employees that have occasional needs to accomodate family, etc.

Cummins also has an excellent track record at recognizing and valuing diversity.

ConsAs an manufacturing company in the automotive industry, the fortunes of the company are largely tied to the heavy-duty truck market. However, the company has been careful to diversify over the last 5 years or so, and is now well positioned to ride out cyclical storms.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can never communicate too much. Trust your employees with more information. You do a good job of communicating good news and bad, but sometimes there is a delay in the bad news. You know that people are already expecting the bad, so don't hold back.

A good place to take a break, but not for career advancement.

Project Manager (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Cummins

Pros: It is a fairly stable company. Things move slow and decisions are made by consensus and personal relationships. If you are liked by… Cons: Economy's bad and everybody is cutting jobs. So, things are tight. Career advancement isn't a priority for management. Words and actions do… Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention to the high performers and stop favoritism. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Think twice before you join cummins

Design Engineer (Current Employee) Columbus, IN

I have been working at Cummins

Pros: Good place to learn Pro-E software as design engineer Cons: Rating and ranking does not make sense. They rank all 22-23 salary grade people against each other which include design engineers (so called Designer), development… Advice to Senior Management: Be professional. Dress like manager. I never liked the way… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Cummins.

Worked for Cummins? Contribute to the Community!