Good exposure to supply chain and operations of a growing global company

Current Employee - Six Sigma Black Belt  in  Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Six Sigma Black Belt in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Cummins full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Strong values, culture and social responsibility
-Strong leadership
-Emphasis on diversity in workplace
-good work life balance

Cons

Mediocre compensation in the US. Compensation improvements would help attract talented individuals from top institutes

Other Reviews for Cummins

It's been a very good experience to work in Cummins.It's a flexible and flat organization promoting personal development

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

I have been working at Cummins

Pros

Flexible, flat, lots of internal transfer/rotaion opportunities, work and life balance, international exposure, people are nice, wide range of product offering.

Cons

The location of Columbus is not very exciting to young people. The organization, like the other corporates, are kind of slow and hard to speed up how things happen.

Be more aggresive in growth opportunities, take calculated risks and be more diversified. speed up the organization by promote efficiency and promptness.

Great pay, bad health benefits, but as long as you keep your nose clean, it's a good job to have.

Former Employee - Assembly Line Worker  in  Jamestown, NY
    Former Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Jamestown, NY

I worked at Cummins

Pros

The profit sharing was fabulous. Also, anytime production was up, extra overtime was readily available to those who want it. Shift change every hour was sweet. Cafeteria prices were decent. Didn't have to share a locker. It's non-union so the extra little stuff was cool - shirts, jackets, turkeys at Thanksgiving, shoe money every year towards a new pair of boots.

Cons

Health benefits were not very good, and the premiums were pretty high. The verbal, written and final warning process was rarely followed, they usually just skip to final, and then it never goes away even with great performance. Hot on the line, even in the winter, and ventilation in the summer, although better than before, is still an issue.

Not much. It's been a few years since I've worked there, and management has changed hands since I was there. However, following your own rules and procedures as far as disciplinary actions would be appreciated. Final PIP should be dropped after a year, that's what I was told when I started there, and then it turns out it's not true. That's not why I left, but some friends did, and it's wrong to be told one thing, then have you do something else to us later on.

There are newer employer reviews for Cummins.

Worked for Cummins? Contribute to the Community!