Cummins

www.cummins.com

Great performance compared to competitors but very old-school with slow growth

Materials Manager (Current Employee) Columbus, IN

ProsIndustry leader, Global opportunities, Easy to move to different functions (SCM to Finance to HR, etc), Visa sponsorship and Cummins has a great senior leadership team.

ConsSlow growth, Performance management system is very poor (with forced ranking), Lower to Mid level management is bad.

Overall, Cummins did not seem like a company that encouraged innovation and rewarded exceptional performance. It seemed like at least at lower and mid management levels experience and # of years at company were all that mattered.

Advice to Senior ManagementCummins needs to do away with the forced ranking process and provide faster growth opportunities for high performing individuals. It seems like Cummins is the best place to work if you are an average performer but probably a huge disappointment if you are really a high performer.

Rotated through several different engineering groups.

Engineer (Current Employee) Columbus, IN

I have been working at Cummins full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Gain plenty of experience in different areas of engineering. Cons: Too many politics, very few experienced low level managers Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Senior Project manager

Project Manager (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

I have been working at Cummins full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good life-work balance Potential to work anywhere in the world Very open… Cons: Mid-low salaries. Mid-low bonus. HR does not properly communicate salary levels and salary rules are not always followed when employees change jobs inside of the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Cummins.

Worked for Cummins? Contribute to the Community!