Cummins

www.cummins.com

Excellent company

Director (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent company offering great opportunity to grow in a specific function or across functions. If you are capable and deliver then all career paths are available to you. The company values are strong and diversity is appreciated. I would strongly recommend the company to employees especially for those just out of college. There is tremendous focus on these new employees. I have much for which to be appreciative.

ConsA company who claims to be multinational does not set the example by growing their Columbus IN site disproportionately to to the employees in the balance of the world. Additionally there is limited appreciation for placing senior leaders around the world to understand the existing operations or the environment in those locations.
Work-life balance is poor considering the extent of effort placed on this initiative. Poor performance is dealt with appropriately by most areas but too much effort is placed on the things which do not add to the bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the global employees which you have. Columbus is not the only place where senior leaders can be developed. Exhibit the multinational and truly diverse values you state and you will receive much more in return.
Return to the basics. Employees are the core of the business. Appreciating the value of these employees rather than the reactions of the stock market will pay far more dividends to the company.
Pay attention.... the build and downsize cycle is a standard which occurs every three years. Stay the slow and steady course rather than add people quickly only to eventually realize that all cannot be retained.

Business Development Intern

Business Development Intern (Former Employee) Columbus, IN

I worked at Cummins full-time for less than a year

Pros: Cummins is a great company to work for. Cummins has a diverse work force. Cummins allows… Cons: Cummins recruiting process is very laid back. The HR is not sure when they need the specific candidate… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great company

Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Columbus, IN

I worked at Cummins full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Great place to work, great outlook Cons: None I could work here my entire life Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the great work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Cummins.

Worked for Cummins? Contribute to the Community!