There are newer employer reviews for Cummins

I couldn't leave fast enough

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

I worked at Cummins full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Traveling and Columbus, IN. Learning was done through submersion in the engine industry.

Cons

Diversity is taken as a checkbox and I became one of those statistics. My role was based purely on gender and not on qualifications. We had ongoing harassment issues on my team and despite repeated attempts to address it nothing was done. Internal movement inside of the company is a joke. Upwards movement is solely based on time in a team and completion of Six Sigma. Ethics were lost on the project I was working on when push came to shove with deadlines. Safety was not considered and there was a very "out of sight, out of mind" attitude with non-US work.

Other Employee Reviews for Cummins

1. Great Work Culture

Pros

There is a lot of room for personal growth. Everyone in the company is very nice and welcoming, and makes it easy to feel comfortable and right at home.

Cons

The number of locations available to work at are limited, and aren't in any urban areas. You might have to make quite the commute to get to work.

2. Very Satisfied

Pros

The pros are based upon the breadth of the company and the ease of moving around within roles.

Cons

I haven't really experienced any negatives here at Cummins besides their locations which are mostly in the middle of nowhere.