There are newer employer reviews for Cummins

I couldn't leave fast enough

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, IN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

I worked at Cummins full-time for more than a year

Pros

Traveling and Columbus, IN. Learning was done through submersion in the engine industry.

Cons

Diversity is taken as a checkbox and I became one of those statistics. My role was based purely on gender and not on qualifications. We had ongoing harassment issues on my team and despite repeated attempts to address it nothing was done. Internal movement inside of the company is a joke. Upwards movement is solely based on time in a team and completion of Six Sigma. Ethics were lost on the project I was working on when push came to shove with deadlines. Safety was not considered and there was a very "out of sight, out of mind" attitude with non-US work.

524 Other Employee Reviews for Cummins (View Most Recent)

Has good work-life balance. Cummins has strong ethical values and puts good emphasis on training employees the right way

Current Employee - Sourcing Manager  in  Columbus, IN
    Current Employee - Sourcing Manager in Columbus, IN

I have been working at Cummins full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Work life balance
    -Good Ethics
    -Flexibility depending on the role
    -Good growth prospects
    -Diversity

Cons

-Red tapism
    -Old school mentality of running the company where growth is seen as number of years put into service rather than actual merit
    -Favoritism
    -Salary growth is stagnant especially if you are an international

-Please look into merit raises for your employees or in-grade promotions more often as location of the company is not the best and talent after not realising any quick growth decides to leave the company and go to a higher paying job.
    -Please start sponsoring internationals sooner than 3 years because for certain nationalities it takes a long time to get permanent resident status and since they cannot leave Cummins during this period it causes frustration and anguish and produces de-motivated employees who produce minimum results

Great diversity and work space environment; however, work/life balance is very poor within some functional groups

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

I worked at Cummins full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Many high quality employees and co-workers. Great "collaborative work space" environment. Great work force diversity and community involvement/responsibility efforts.

Cons

Work life balance, stressful work conditions, and high level of office politics

Need to work on work/life balance to protect employees from job burn out. Also need to carefully examine & address those pockets of "treatment of others" issues that still exist within Cummins.

There are newer employer reviews for Cummins

Worked for Cummins? Contribute to the Community!