Cummins

www.cummins.com
  www.cummins.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cummins

Great place to develop a career!

Current Employee - Director, Strategy in Columbus, IN
Current Employee - Director, Strategy in Columbus, IN

I have been working at Cummins

Pros

Truly global and diverse organization, where cross-functional experience is required and also an opportunity to broaden the experience spectrum along the career. It's a culture where long-term relationships are valued, as the product cycle is also long-term. In general terms, other employees are very supportive, and the work/life balance is good. Therefore, you can expect exciting opportunities in a human environment.

Cons

Slow moving and complex, matrix organization

We should be even more aggressive in pursuing growth opportunities. The company is showing strong stock performance in the last few quarters, and strong cash flow generation, this is a good moment to further accelerate our growth. Regarding the internal business development, I believe we should continue doing a good job in terms of diversity and capabilities development.

577 Other Employee Reviews for Cummins (View Most Recent)

Summer Internship

Current Employee - Intern in Columbus, IN
    Current Employee - Intern in Columbus, IN

I have been working at Cummins

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, a lot of room for networking, various locations around the country, corporate culture places a strong emphasis on being a part of the community

Cons

the headquarters is in the Columbus Indiana

Assign mentors to all of the interns. I thought it was strange that some interns were assigned mentors while others were not. If a mentor is not assigned specifically, it is harder for a new person to know who to talk to when they have a question for the first few weeks.

An OK Place to Work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

I worked at Cummins

Pros

1. Mobility in the company. You can look for a new job within Cummins after 18 months and your manager can't stop you.
    2. People are nice. They are willing to talk with you about their jobs and opportunities.
    3. Diversity is highly supported. A lot of affinity groups.
    4. Great performance and future outlook. It will double its size by 2014.

Cons

1. Slow pace. Meetings tend to be long. I'm not used to set up many one-hour meetings. I guess it's because it's a company in mid west down.
    2. People do not network as much as people in some other companies.
    3. Headquartered in Columbus IN. Really bad location. But a good place to raise family.

Need to improve the productivity in the supportive and administrative workforce. A lot of business process improvement work to do.

There are newer employer reviews for Cummins