Cunard Line

www.cunard.com
  www.cunard.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cunard Line

Amaizing company to work for, great experience and knowledge!

Former Employee - Waitress
Former Employee - Waitress

I worked at Cunard Line full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is one of the best companies to work for and to receive experience upto high standarts. Good opportunities for career!

Cons

it can be fun but it can be really hard job too!

7 Other Employee Reviews for Cunard Line (View Most Recent)

That sinking feeling!

Former Employee - PVC - Personal Vacation Consultant in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - PVC - Personal Vacation Consultant in Miami, FL

I worked at Cunard Line

Pros

As an employee of Cunard Line LTD in Miami Florida I had found my perfect job. Pamela Conover treated each and every one of us like a family member. The company expected nothing but the best from us and paid us a very fair wage in return. I never thought that a company like this existed. For the first time in my life I had found a home and more importantly and company that I could retire with.

Cons

The company moved to California and Cunard Line Limited ceased to exist in 2004. Although Carnival corporation had owned the Cunard brand for many years, we had always been a luxury brand that was run autonomously as a true five star experience. The Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria have become yet another member of the Princess fleet. The Queen Elizabeth 2 was sold to the lowest bidder and now sits rotting in Dubai. None of the loyal employees from Miami or New York were retained. Our replacements in Valencia received approximately 65% of our pay. The staff that I have kept in touch with on-board the ships have been dismayed at what has happened. As the guest experience declined so did the prices for the cabins. A Cunard cabin can now be had for less than a Royal Caribbean cruise. A Celebrity or NCL cruise now has better food than Cunard.

As as worker in the twenty first century I understand that at times we may have to ask "Who moved our cheese"? To keep us on our toes we understand that 'moving our cheese', at times creates a better employee and a stronger work force The problem arises when the Camembert is replaced with process cheese spread. In the end it's just business and in the end a customer can always choose to spend their hard earned money somewhere else.

3rd Officer

I worked at Cunard Line full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Tax back, interesting ports, good social life, access to passenger facilities, well managed by hq, varied work and good team spirit.

Cons

Excessive paperwork, comparatively low salary and annual leave working 3 months on 6 weeks off, continuous watchkeeping with only a couple of hours to experience the places you travel to and when you do you're tired from work so can't enjoy it fully. Away more than you are home but good fun if you're single!

There are newer employer reviews for Cunard Line