Cunningham Children's Home
www.cunninghamhome.org Urbana, IL 150 to 499 Employees

A very rewarding experience, working to help children change their lives.

Urbana, IL

I have been working at Cunningham Children's Home full-time for more than a year

ProsMission focused human service agency, working with children that have experienced severe neglect and trauma in their lives. Each day is unique, with it's own challenges and rewards.

ConsThe youth we serve have very high needs, it's not so much a con, but something to be aware of. It takes the right person to work in direct care. Know yourself before you can be of service to our kids.

Horrible experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cunningham Children's Home full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: You get to work with amazing kids. The work being… Cons: Constant staff turnover, all areas are understaffed, unrealistic demands placed on employees, poor communication, benefits… Advice to Senior Management: You need to support employees better and have realistic expectations, especially given the understaffing in all areas. Employees usually only hear about what they… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A great experience, working with amazingly resilient children and teenagers.

Intern (Former Employee)
Urbana, IL

I worked at Cunningham Children's Home as an intern for more than a year

Pros: Most of the staff was very committed to helping the children and teenage clients. The staff came… Cons: Some of the staff members did not try their hardest and really seemed to slack off as long… Advice to Senior Management: Keep a closer eye on employees that don't actually try… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Cunningham Children's Home.

Worked for Cunningham Children's Home? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cunningham Children's Home reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cunningham Children's Home CEO Marlin Livingston. All reviews posted anonymously by Cunningham Children's Home employees.