Very dissatisfying

Current Employee - Ex-Engineer  in  Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Ex-Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control

Pros

The professional office personnel are easy to work with and the building is clean. The cafeteria was nice until they decided to shut it down to sqeeze a few more pennies out of the panel shop business.

Cons

The current mangement at Benshaw division of CW Flow Control is obsessed with playing Big-Brother to everybody even the senior professionals (micro-managing on steroids). This division has been shrinking ever since CW bought Benshaw back in 2007 through lay offs and shuttering doors on a few satellite offices. Creativity has slowed to a stand still in the current environment they foster.

You need to to hire/find some leaders who understand the industry and don't have their number one concern being to just squeeze as many pennies as you can out of a panel shop while sacrificing employee moral and a conducive environment for creativity.

Other Reviews for Curtiss-Wright Flow Control

Sinking ship

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dunedin, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dunedin, FL

I worked at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control

Pros

Good people in the worker ranks and middle management

Cons

A lot of smoke and mirrors and I don't think there is value for the customers.

If you want people to succede then give them training.

Going downhill

I worked at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control

Pros

Pay is decent (kind of)

Cons

Senior management and executives are a total joke. They're running the company into the ground and trying to make "changes" (read: layoffs of everyone not management) to fix it that aren't working. Focusing on lean manufacturing when they still can't even get products to work properly. Solutions have been proposed by professionals, but management refuses to institute them because they only see in $ signs.

Government customers get preference in everything, even though they don't give us any projects anymore. I wonder why we don't get any more project? Might have to do with the crippling failures the company has had in regards to allowing engineers do what they're paid for.

Quit your jobs.

There are newer employer reviews for Curtiss-Wright Flow Control.

Worked for Curtiss-Wright Flow Control? Contribute to the Community!