Curtiss-Wright Flow Control

www.cwfc.com
  www.cwfc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Curtiss-Wright Flow Control

Ethical engineers do all the work

Former Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Mount Pleasant, PA
Former Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Mount Pleasant, PA

I worked at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom to set your work load

Cons

A bit of dead weight is allowed to exist

Be more involved with technology

24 Other Employee Reviews for Curtiss-Wright Flow Control (View Most Recent)

Absolutely the worst contract job experience I ever had.

Former Employee - Network Administrator in Cheswick, PA
    Former Employee - Network Administrator in Cheswick, PA

I worked at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great pay for a contractor, I was billed at $110 an hour by my company and I got a huge chunk of that. Great easy money for the Pittsburgh area.
    Easy parking, onsite food.
    No one really cared about their job.
    No real dress code.
    Some guys only worked 20 hours a week and were there for years. It would be easy to look like a superstar if you wanted to.

Cons

I took a contract job at the Cheswick, PA Curtiss-Wright EMD facility looking for a good job and to be close to my home in the Pittsburgh area. I never even had a face to face interview, these folks were so desperate to hire they just gave me a start date. Had I been given a face to face interview I would have walked away from this place.... quickly. On my second day 3 different people actually told me they were surprised I came back! My direct supervisor was so far out of his league in the field of information security that it was actually scary. Things quickly degraded as my supervisor realized that I was smarter than him and I would not hop on board with the bad advice that he had been snowballing his management with for years. The project that I were given to do made absolutely no sense and most were a complete waste of time and money. His boss was no help either. He just looked at one thing - the clock and the number of days until retirement. After a couple months I found out that they were looking to replace me as I was not enough of a yes man - unfortunately it took 8 months for them to do that an to let me go. My company billed them over 200k for my time there, It was easy money for me but I accomplished absolutely nothing of substance during my tenure there. Thanks for the great time and easy money!

Walk in and fire everyone in the IT department from the Director down and outsource everything. No one cares. Everyone hates their job there.

Stuck In The 60's

Former Employee - Shop in Cheswick, PA
    Former Employee - Shop in Cheswick, PA

I worked at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent pay, benefits and work hours. They produce superior products that support the Navy and Nuclear Industry. An extremely patriotic manufacturing work force that is very proud of the quality, American made products that are manufactured. Very dedicated staff and a large pool of talented tradesmen.

Cons

Little or no chance for advancement. Innovative and creative thought is frowned upon by management. Not the friendliest HR staff. The "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality has kept this company in the dark ages for way too long.

Eliminate the old timers and dead weight that costs the company money. Give hardworking, intelligent employees more opportunity to contribute to the success of the company. Offer non-union office jobs to staff members so they can support the company without all of the union job restrictions that are constantly being imposed.

There are newer employer reviews for Curtiss-Wright Flow Control