CustomInk

www.customink.com

Not all departments created equally

Pros

Great benefits, competitive compensation, tons of perks, fun and laid back environment, growing company with lots of opportunity

Cons

Some departments are less fun to work in than others, rapid growth has caused some growing pains

Other reviews for CustomInk

Awesome company and people

Current Employee - Sales/Service Representative  in  Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Sales/Service Representative in Reno, NV

Pros

Best place I've ever worked

Cons

Cant think of any cons

One raise in nearly three years

Current Employee - Expert Production Artist  in  Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Expert Production Artist in Fairfax, VA

Pros

I love my coworkers. I've met some of the nicest, most worthwhile people at this job and it is possible to have a legitimately good time at work.

Also, I'm very pleased with the benefits package I receive. My health insurance is great and there are a lot of nice little perks, like a meal provided by the company on Thursdays and a frozen yogurt machine on-site at Fairfax.

Cons

In Order Operations, a significant portion of your work is tied directly to performance. If you aren't able to meet your quotas, your pay will not be what you expect. And it's not as though each order you handle is the same with the same degree of work required. While one order might take 5 minutes, the next might take a few hours. In EPA, the values of the various order difficulties are staggered so it's certainly better than them being of equal value but it's still problematic.

Additionally, there is no system set up for annual raises, at least not based on company loyalty or seniority. Instead, there are Stride Increases, which are only available annually and are based on performance and accuracy. These increases can be particularly difficult to achieve and are barely in keeping with inflation.

Recently, the company had it's first $1 million dollar day. To celebrate, we're there bonuses? No. Instead, the CEO went around and handed out Hershey's bars with a little printed note thanking us for helping to achieve that milestone. I found it to be insulting and patronizing.

CustomInk is a company that is doing incredibly well in a short period. They are not passing that success onto their employees, at least not in my department.

There are newer employer reviews for CustomInk.

Worked for CustomInk? Contribute to the Community!