CustomInk

Good company, good people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at CustomInk full-time

Pros

Everyone is committed to the company and to the customer. People are proud of their work and want to do a good job.

Cons

General growing pains. Some people handle change better than others.

Keep communicating. Ask questions.

44 Other Employee Reviews for CustomInk (View Most Recent)

Great, growing company but pay could be better

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at CustomInk full-time

Pros

CustomInk is a great company with wonderful benefits and a laid back, casual atmosphere. The company is constantly growing so job security is never an issue.

Cons

There is TONS of competition for positions which can make it challenging when opportunities arise. The pay when moving to a management position is not a very significant difference--there are also no annual raise structure which can be difficult in an area like Northern VA.

Solid company with major growing pains

I worked at CustomInk full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, lots of room to grow. Constant (sometimes mandatory) overtime available during busy season. Free lunch twice a week and very cheap health insurance.

Cons

Only existing employees are considered for increasingly responsible positions. Your Manager will probably be a "lifer," along with your coaches and everybody up to Rob K. These folks have no outside experience and the result is misguided incestuous mid to lower level management. Grow slow to get it right.

Ambitious marketing outpaced reasonable hiring capabilities which trickled down to the other teams like a Reaganomics fever dream. Best quote from busy season: "I am so stressed out, I haven't had a day off in over a week and this is all over (expletive deleted) t-shirts! I WANT MY LIFE BACK!"

A "lifer" there once told me "CustomInk is like a salad, I love the toppings but some of the stuff under them is pretty bad." Open up to outsiders for a healthy mix of promotions and new blood. Grow slow.

There are newer employer reviews for CustomInk