There are newer employer reviews for CustomInk

Awesome company and people

Current Employee - Sales/Service Representative  in  Reno, NV
Current Employee - Sales/Service Representative in Reno, NV

I have been working at CustomInk full-time for less than a year

Pros

Best place I've ever worked

Cons

Cant think of any cons

35 Other Employee Reviews for CustomInk (View Most Recent)

One raise in nearly three years

Current Employee - Expert Production Artist  in  Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Expert Production Artist in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CustomInk full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love my coworkers. I've met some of the nicest, most worthwhile people at this job and it is possible to have a legitimately good time at work.

Also, I'm very pleased with the benefits package I receive. My health insurance is great and there are a lot of nice little perks, like a meal provided by the company on Thursdays and a frozen yogurt machine on-site at Fairfax.

Cons

In Order Operations, a significant portion of your work is tied directly to performance. If you aren't able to meet your quotas, your pay will not be what you expect. And it's not as though each order you handle is the same with the same degree of work required. While one order might take 5 minutes, the next might take a few hours. In EPA, the values of the various order difficulties are staggered so it's certainly better than them being of equal value but it's still problematic.

Additionally, there is no system set up for annual raises, at least not based on company loyalty or seniority. Instead, there are Stride Increases, which are only available annually and are based on performance and accuracy. These increases can be particularly difficult to achieve and are barely in keeping with inflation.

Recently, the company had it's first $1 million dollar day. To celebrate, we're there bonuses? No. Instead, the CEO went around and handed out Hershey's bars with a little printed note thanking us for helping to achieve that milestone. I found it to be insulting and patronizing.

CustomInk is a company that is doing incredibly well in a short period. They are not passing that success onto their employees, at least not in my department.

CustomInk is a great company

Current Employee - Sales Service Representative  in  Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Service Representative in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CustomInk full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits and perks of working for the company. Lots of fun events.

Cons

Pay, cost of living is more than pay. Management isn't very organized and doesn't communicate very well in sales service. Not a lot of support for growing within the company.

n/a

There are newer employer reviews for CustomInk

Worked for CustomInk? Contribute to the Community!