There are newer employer reviews for Customer Lobby

There's a lot here to like.

Former Employee - Member Services in Berkeley, CA
Former Employee - Member Services in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Customer Lobby

Pros

The new office is cooler than any facility I've seen in Berkeley (art deco styling, very open, near-panoramic views of downtown Berkeley, ping-pong). The people are genuine and hilarious. They're people you'd enjoy going to see an A's game, playing a round of golf, or grabbing a drink with after work or on the weekend. Scheduling is unbelievably flexible. The call script is tailored so finely that, when executed well, it becomes a rarity to reach somebody who isn't interested in taking a few minutes to talk to you. You can learn a lot about this country and continent by talking to people living anywhere from Honolulu to Winnipeg to Sugar Land to Harlem. My supervisor once described call agents as "the first line of legitimacy" for reviews. That really stuck with me: the work we do is so critical to the functioning of the company.

Cons

Although it's made clear from day one (from the interview even), the work is not very challenging after you get the hang of it during the first week. It's easy to feel your actions becoming automated as time goes on.

Decide whether you want to hire full-time recent graduate types or college students. I felt devalued at times doing the same work for 11 months with a Bachelors degree as the college freshmen and sophomores who were hired after I was. Show a more pronounced willingness to invest in people if you want to reduce turnover; challenge employees with different types of work; expand expectations and responsibilities horizontally, not vertically. Reward all deserving employees; incentives should not be exclusive to salespeople.

31 Other Employee Reviews for Customer Lobby (View Most Recent)

Great Company

Current Employee - Sales Qualifier in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Qualifier in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Customer Lobby full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Customer Lobby is a fantastic company to work for. They recently moved into a newly rennovated office with some sweet window views of Berkeley/SF and purchased a brand new ping pong table for their employees. They also adjusted the commision structure to include accelerators which allow you to make a lot of money if you perform well. They are almost finished rebuilding their website, and so far it looks freaking awesome and totally professional. The management is great and they give you everything you need in order to be successful. I make a point to ask new employees what they think about Customer Lobby and they all say the same thing; "The work environment is great and the people are fun."

Cons

There are very few negative things to say about Customer Lobby because I absolutely thrive in the environment they have set up. The only people who don't succeed at Customer Lobby are the people without a solid work ethic...but that is true for any company so I am not really sure you can call that a Con.

Can't Compain

Current Employee - Account Manager in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Customer Lobby full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I'ts a great place to start if you would like to pursue a career in a few different fields. Plenty of room for advancement and a god environment. Nice brand new office in the heart of downtown Berkeley.

Cons

Not too many honestly. You make it what it is.

Nothing.