There's a lot here to like.

Former Employee - Member Services  in  Berkeley, CA
Former Employee - Member Services in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Customer Lobby

Pros

The new office is cooler than any facility I've seen in Berkeley (art deco styling, very open, near-panoramic views of downtown Berkeley, ping-pong). The people are genuine and hilarious. They're people you'd enjoy going to see an A's game, playing a round of golf, or grabbing a drink with after work or on the weekend. Scheduling is unbelievably flexible. The call script is tailored so finely that, when executed well, it becomes a rarity to reach somebody who isn't interested in taking a few minutes to talk to you. You can learn a lot about this country and continent by talking to people living anywhere from Honolulu to Winnipeg to Sugar Land to Harlem. My supervisor once described call agents as "the first line of legitimacy" for reviews. That really stuck with me: the work we do is so critical to the functioning of the company.

Cons

Although it's made clear from day one (from the interview even), the work is not very challenging after you get the hang of it during the first week. It's easy to feel your actions becoming automated as time goes on.

Decide whether you want to hire full-time recent graduate types or college students. I felt devalued at times doing the same work for 11 months with a Bachelors degree as the college freshmen and sophomores who were hired after I was. Show a more pronounced willingness to invest in people if you want to reduce turnover; challenge employees with different types of work; expand expectations and responsibilities horizontally, not vertically. Reward all deserving employees; incentives should not be exclusive to salespeople.

Other Reviews for Customer Lobby

Can't Compain

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Customer Lobby full-time for less than a year

Pros

I'ts a great place to start if you would like to pursue a career in a few different fields. Plenty of room for advancement and a god environment. Nice brand new office in the heart of downtown Berkeley.

Cons

Not too many honestly. You make it what it is.

Nothing.

Great place to learn inside sales! Rapid advancement for high achievers.

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Customer Lobby full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great location, approachable management (even the CEO has an open door policy), no internal politics, "start up" vibe, casual dress, rapid advancement for high achievers, uncapped commission structure.

Cons

As with any inside sales job, calling businesses on the phone all day can be a bit monotonous. Anyone without a sense of self-motivation will struggle to cope with daily activities.

Continue investing in quality employees, try and provide team with a more definitive vision for the future of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Customer Lobby.

Worked for Customer Lobby? Contribute to the Community!