There are newer employer reviews for Cutter & Buck

I would say that it has been just okay with nothing great to keep me here forever, but nothing glaring to make me leave.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

One of the best resons to work for CB is my work/life balance. We do work really hard, but we also are allowed more than enough time for family obligations, unexpected events and go-home-early days when we need it. We can also arrange work from home days at a moments notice. Fremont is also a terrific area to work in for shopping, food and after work drinks.

Cons

There are some cons of working here. The first is that the recession has reduced the already small workforce by about a third. Thus, everyone has acquired the roles of several people. The most successful of us have enough legacy knowledge to be able to cope with the workload. Any new employee would easily be overwhelmed. Another con is that everyone, no matter their title, has their own office. This creates the definition of silos especially in this turbulent environment. The last con I would like to mention is that we don't really have a company culture or identity. It seems like we have been so driven to make money, that we forgot or lost track of who we are and what we stand for.

Advice to Management

The leadership has listened to the employee concerns but they need to move faster to implement changes. They need to look harder at what other top companies offer their employees and add some of those to retain good employees. They also need to somehow infuse the soul back into CB.

Cutter & Buck Response

Aug 27, 2015 – HR Manager

Our new CEO, growth of the economy and many other changes have hopefully addressed many of these concerns. Our new Elliott Avenue offices have literally broken down the office walls!

Other Employee Reviews for Cutter & Buck

Get out if you want to get paid

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

time off is pretty good

Cons

bad pay and worse benefits

Once a great company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Being small company has it's advantages

Cons

Run by accountants until Jen Petersen from Sweden took over as CEO, still budgets are tight. Fine job so far. But they are failing to invest in the workforce.

Advice to Management

Retain, promote from within. Assistance with tuition and training would help. We have an amazing product don't let the quality slip, Promote the golf more within.