I would say that it has been just okay with nothing great to keep me here forever, but nothing glaring to make me leave.

I have been working at Cutter & Buck

Pros

One of the best resons to work for CB is my work/life balance. We do work really hard, but we also are allowed more than enough time for family obligations, unexpected events and go-home-early days when we need it. We can also arrange work from home days at a moments notice. Fremont is also a terrific area to work in for shopping, food and after work drinks.

Cons

There are some cons of working here. The first is that the recession has reduced the already small workforce by about a third. Thus, everyone has acquired the roles of several people. The most successful of us have enough legacy knowledge to be able to cope with the workload. Any new employee would easily be overwhelmed. Another con is that everyone, no matter their title, has their own office. This creates the definition of silos especially in this turbulent environment. The last con I would like to mention is that we don't really have a company culture or identity. It seems like we have been so driven to make money, that we forgot or lost track of who we are and what we stand for.

The leadership has listened to the employee concerns but they need to move faster to implement changes. They need to look harder at what other top companies offer their employees and add some of those to retain good employees. They also need to somehow infuse the soul back into CB.