Cuyahoga County

www.cuyahogacounty.us
  www.cuyahogacounty.us
There are newer employer reviews for Cuyahoga County

Stable place, great pension package.

Current Employee - Social Worker III in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Social Worker III in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Cuyahoga County full-time

Pros

Excellent benefits, social workers work really hard to help families. Great training. Social worker positions are union position so your guaranteed an annual raise.

Cons

Raise are very small, too much bureacracy.

Stop looking for someone to blame whenever something goes wrong. The social worker are only in the homes once or twice a month and are not miracle workers.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Cuyahoga County (View Most Recent)

Corruption, collusion, favoritism, racisim, nepotism, injustice run rampant in Juvenile Court!

Former Employee - Probation Officer in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Probation Officer in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Cuyahoga County full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great vacation and sick time.
    Lots of holidays off.

Cons

No room for advancement unless your part of the clique.
    Too many people getting away with "murder" while others get written up and terminated for nothing.
    Inept management who colludes with unions.

Learn how to treat your employees that work their buts off for the kids and their families. Stop wasting time and money on personal vendettas. Maybe you should look at some your employees with connections to see what they get away with daily. Stop promoting juvenile court employees that have no business running departments. A complete restructuring needs to be revisited in the whole probation department. Specifically the overpaid managers in "specialized services and dockets" and the worthless community service department. Most of my colleagues and I placed our own kids.

It's a miserable experience!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Cuyahoga County

Pros

Easy to utilize vacation time. You will have time to spend with your family.

Cons

Minimal opportunity for promotion. No raises. Management works with union against workers.

Instead of spending money on frivolous items and useless training, try giving employees cost of living adjustment more than once every seven years.

There are newer employer reviews for Cuyahoga County