There are newer employer reviews for Cvent

Cvent has been an amazing place for me gain experience and responsibility that would not be available to me elsewhere.

Current Employee - Manager  in  McLean, VA
Current Employee - Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent

Pros

Growing! Compensation. Professional growth. Promotions. Free healthcare options. Work from home opportunities. Talented colleagues. Very smart senior management. Not stuffy.

Cons

healthcare options for families.
young employees with a false sense of entitlement. It's a great company but kids don't realize.

As the company grows, you are hiring older employees with more experience. Need cheaper family healthcare and better 401k.

192 Other Employee Reviews for Cvent (View Most Recent)

Cvent is a great place to learn and grow professionally

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent

Pros

Travel, early opportunities, professional development, and higher income are some of the many reasons Cvent is an excellent employer.

Over several years with the company I was able to visit over 20 cities and a handful of countries. Within that time I was able to move up in the organization through promotions 3 times. I learned multiple aspects of business, including HR, finance, technology, and of course sales. Most companies only provide a specific field of knowledge for employees to focus on. By teaching all aspects of business Cvent management makes sure their people are given all the tools to succeed. Lastly, I was able to increase my income well past the average of those friends around me with similar experience. This is critical to developing well rounded employees.

Cons

Cvent must scale and grow with the speed of their products. Management must find ways to expand leadership positions for more employees. More middle management!

Great place to gain experience to become a business professional, great potential to get promoted within the company

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent

Pros

After being with the company for 5 years, I've been promoted multiple times and have a team of people working under me (I've been in charge of a team after only 18 months at the company). I've gained great experience as to how to be an effective business professional, and I am constantly given feedback (and praise when it's earned) on a weekly basis. I have been traveling on business for the company on almost a monthly basis to visit cities all over the US. Management is open with employees about future plans for the company and the development of our software, and it is very easy to approach senior level management and even the executives (VPs, CEO, etc) to have meaningful conversations about your work. As long as an individual has a strong work ethic and the drive to get promoted, it is easy to excel at Cvent (as there are many opportunities for advancement, especially since the company is growing so fast - it had 300 employees in 2007, and has 900 currently, with plans to grow to 1,000 employees by the end of 2012 - so plenty of room to move up in the ranks) and increase their bonuses/compensation package. Work days are about 9 AM to 6 PM or so, so the hours are not even remotely grueling.

From a social standpoint, the atmosphere is friendly and there are many company-sponsored Happy Hours and holiday parties at great locations (the 2011 Christmas party was at the National Museum of the American Indian (a Smithsonian Museum in DC) and the 2010 Christmas party was at the House of Sweden in DC, just as two examples).

Cons

It can sometimes be easy to potentially slack off with regards to your work schedule or daily performance, as there is no clocking in when you get to work or clocking out when you leave. You need to manage your schedule so that you do work the appropriate hours. People without self-discipline may find it easy to fall short of the expected work hours, and would thus find themselves at a disadvantage compared to those people who put in the effort.

Some kind of 401k matching program would be great. That's one area I believe could be improved upon. I do realize, however, that our base salaries are higher than similar jobs earn at other companies, so it is a bit of a give and take situation. Perhaps more contests or incentive programs for the sales team (we do have a lot, but perhaps do a smaller monthly one as well).

There are newer employer reviews for Cvent

Worked for Cvent? Contribute to the Community!