Cvent

A great out-of-college job

Current Employee - Product Consultant in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Product Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Cvent

Pros

The people are young, the environment is laid back (jeans, open floor plan, snack day) but you really will develop a strong work ethic. You can make this job your own. Flex hours allow you to come in between the hours of 8-10am as long as you stay the full 9 hours.

Cons

Long hours, bad traffic around HQ. If a loud, chaotic work environment where you can hear people laughing and swearing in the background sounds distracting, then this may not be the place for you.

Streamline the training process. Have designated employees who have been trained as mentors act as new hire trainers. Though part of training could be throwing new hires in with the mix of experienced employees, it would be helpful to have the new hires working closely with someone who understands the psychology of teaching: the benefits of positive feedback, consistency, etc. This would avoid other employees getting frustrated with people shadowing them, and a smooth out the rough start for new hires as well.

229 Other Employee Reviews for Cvent (View Most Recent)

Cvent has been an amazing place for me gain experience and responsibility that would not be available to me elsewhere.

Current Employee - Manager in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent

Pros

Growing! Compensation. Professional growth. Promotions. Free healthcare options. Work from home opportunities. Talented colleagues. Very smart senior management. Not stuffy.

Cons

healthcare options for families.
    young employees with a false sense of entitlement. It's a great company but kids don't realize.

As the company grows, you are hiring older employees with more experience. Need cheaper family healthcare and better 401k.

Cvent is a great place to learn and grow professionally

Current Employee - Sales Associate in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent

Pros

Travel, early opportunities, professional development, and higher income are some of the many reasons Cvent is an excellent employer.

Over several years with the company I was able to visit over 20 cities and a handful of countries. Within that time I was able to move up in the organization through promotions 3 times. I learned multiple aspects of business, including HR, finance, technology, and of course sales. Most companies only provide a specific field of knowledge for employees to focus on. By teaching all aspects of business Cvent management makes sure their people are given all the tools to succeed. Lastly, I was able to increase my income well past the average of those friends around me with similar experience. This is critical to developing well rounded employees.

Cons

Cvent must scale and grow with the speed of their products. Management must find ways to expand leadership positions for more employees. More middle management!

There are newer employer reviews for Cvent