Cvent

www.cvent.com
  www.cvent.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cvent

Fast growing company that rewards hard work

I have been working at Cvent full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Cvent has an amazing atmosphere and energy about the company. There are lots of fun hard working individuals with common goals and interests. Cvent is the true essence of a work hard play hard company.

Great training when you start and throughout your career at Cvent. The Initial training is great for fresh out of school hires or people with real-world experience, but it doesn’t just stop there. Continuous training to make sure you keep getting better at your job month in and month out.
Lots of responsibility passed on to you very early in your career. If you work hard and speak up there is a lot of opportunity to attend tradeshows foreign and domestic as well as the opportunity to work with newer staff on training and development.

Lots of opportunity to move within the organization if you show interest in another position. If you work hard and make your voice be heard you will be rewarded with the job that interests you most. You can start in sales and move to tech, marketing, or even HR.

Senior management is very passionate about the company and that is very contagious. You will believe in Cvent and have passion in what you do day in and day out. You will be very excited to work there.

Cons

If you work at Cvent you will work long hours. A normal day is 9.5 hours. Take this for what it is. It is a very competitive industry with lots of quality products and it takes a lot of hard work to make sure your product is being used by the majority.

Cvent needs to keep recruiting smart hard working individuals to help continue the company’s growth. Cvent has created a great base of smart people who are very passionate and are willing to work hard. If the company wants to continue on the same flight path senior management needs to make sure the passion resonates from CEO to intern. If they can continue to accomplish this there is nothing that can hold Cvent back.

219 Other Employee Reviews for Cvent (View Most Recent)

Excellent place to work with opportunity for advancement

I have been working at Cvent full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Career growth opportunity - Management does an excellent job of understanding employees’ strengths and placing them in a position to succeed. Many business professionals who have been out of school 2-5 years are in positions of leadership and have advanced internally quickly. Since the company is profitable and growing, it lends lots of opportunities for current employees.

Training program - Cvent's 6 week training program is interactive and educational and prepares you with the knowledge and skills that you need within your role. Training doesn't just stop after these 6 weeks are complete. Cvent's mentor program helps to continue development on a day to day basis.

High energy environment - Employees at Cvent have high energy and it is what you may call a "work hard, play hard" environment. The opportunity to interact with my prospects, clients and fellow coworkers is something I look forward to every day.

Accessibility to senior management - The management team at Cvent has an open door policy and I have a close relationship with all my managers and feel comfortable going with to them with new ideas or concerns that I may have.

Opportunity to travel - I have at the chance to travel to our India office for training and development of our international sales team, as well as to industry tradeshows around the country giving me great exposure that few companies offer employees just out of college.

Cons

I work within the sales department and understand that this competitive environment is not for everyone. While some days you may work long hours, employees are rewarded for their extra efforts in both compensation and incentive prizes.

Fantastic company to start a career!

Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Sales Associate in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Sales Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Cvent boasts a great training program, which is all true, but the real fun begins once you're up and running. 2 years out of college and I'm already doing what most 28-32 year olds are vying for. Cvent gives you the tools to succeed - and lets you grow at your own pace. If you master something, they let you take the next step. If something doesn't click for you, say the word and you'll get the extra help and training you need. For those who want to learn a lot and grow quickly, Cvent is the way to go!

Outside of career stepping stones, Cvent is also a fun, supportive, energetic environment. I'm continuously impressed, challenged and encouraged by all of my peers. It's tough to make competition truly friendly, but Cvent achieves that balance flawlessly.

Cons

Cvent's not right in the heart of the city, but there are plenty of fun and affordable housing options nearby. If you choose to live further out there will be a commute, but it's worth every minute.

Keep doing what you're doing!

There are newer employer reviews for Cvent