Big Brother is watching - expect to be criticized for every move you make while at Cvent

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  McLean, VA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Young, Fun Culture, Happy Hours and Holiday parties are fun, good benefits,

Cons

- Every click you make with your mouse is monitored feels like big brother is always watching
- If you make a mistake you WILL be talked to about it no matter how small the mistake may be
- There is no consistency between departments - a friend of mine in a different department gets away with things that I would be crucified for
-The overall pay kind of sucks
-The product is really not that great - they try to brain wash you into thinking you are providing some lifesaving or life altering product for these people when really its a software for meeting planners - come on.
-They expect you to work hours of bankers when you are really just a glorified telemarketer
-The goals they set for you are wildly unrealistic - my boss has even said as much to my face
-More gossip and talking behind peoples back than when I was in high school - supposed to be adults here
- Recently had soon to be college grads in for interviews - I wanted to tell them to run. Go find a job that you will actually use the education you spent all that money on.
-A monkey could do this job.

Don't hire people to be sales trainers when they have never done the job they are training people for. Hard to take them seriously.
Also - instruct your 'mentors' to be upfront when they have problems with employees - don't go tell three different people and not address YOUR issue with the person YOURSELF

Other Reviews for Cvent

Aggressively growing company

Current Employee - Technology  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Technology in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Growth opportunities. Job security. Wide array of project

Cons

Salary is on the low side. No 401K matching.

Sales Internship at Cvent

Former Employee - Sales Intern  in  McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Intern in McLean, VA

I worked at Cvent as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The company culture is remarkable. The management team is extremely easy to work for and the upper-management is present and interested in the well-being and happiness of their employees. The work-atmosphere is energetic and exciting. The company is thriving and there are opportunities for career-advancement. Effort and progress is monitored, commended and awarded. I don't have a bad thing to say about my time at Cvent.

Cons

The only downside of this particular position is that the hourly wage may be on the low side. Having said that, the internship is paid and the value of the internship as a past work experience is immeasurable but surely worth it.

Keep up the good work.

There are newer employer reviews for Cvent.

Worked for Cvent? Contribute to the Community!