Cvent

www.cvent.com

Lots of growth potential

Marketing (Current Employee) McLean, VA

ProsI joined Cvent as an entry level employee, and have had the opportunity to grow with the company. Cvent demands hard work, but rewards it as well – I have seen many others promoted up the ladder into leadership positions here. Cvent placed their trust in me and gave me a lot of responsibility when I was just a year or two out of college, and I have really valued the degree of independence I've had on my projects. If you're looking for a fast-moving, high-growth company where you will learn a LOT about the realities of running a successful business, Cvent is the place for you.

ConsCvent does require hard work. People who just put in the hours tend to get dissatisfied. The people who thrive (and get promoted) are those who work hard and take ownership of their projects.

Different departments have different dynamics. Many people on this site criticize the company for micromanaging them – that's not the case in the marketing department or many other teams. I've been here a long time and have never been micromanaged.

Advice to Senior ManagementDitch the contract for new employees. It scares great candidates away.

Work hard, play hard

Marketing (Current Employee) McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time for more than a year

Pros: - If applying for a Marketing position... the marketing team is made up of the creative (web/graphic design, etc., event planning, marketing opps/ SEO, and… Cons: - For marketing; no real cons here, just expect to work extremely hard, but the payoff is definitely worth the hard work! - For sales;… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to mentor and promote internally, experienced employees to management roles. Continue to be transparent with your employees and keep them informed with company/industry … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

In three words - don't do it

I have been working at Cvent full-time

Pros: Young, smart coworkers Plenty of outings and happy hours. If you… Cons: They don't match 401k's. Their excuse (Reggie) says it is because they pay such high salaries. But they pay considerably less than the national and… Advice to Senior Management: Drop the contacts immediately. Match 401k's Stop hiring so many… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Cvent.

Worked for Cvent? Contribute to the Community!