Cvent

www.cvent.com
  www.cvent.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cvent

A great window into an entrepreneurial world

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Graphic Designer in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Being with Cvent for more than five years, I can say that I've seen teams grow from three people to 20. It's rare to work at a place where there is so much energy, growth, opportunities. I've graduated college with a knowledge set that has expanded beyond what I've expected. I really learned a lot, not just about marketing, but about business development, and it's all from very transparent senior management. Working with CEO on monthly basis for a lot of different creative projects really makes you understand what it is that Cvent's team try to accomplish. It's challenging, but fun at the same time. I have opportunity to do things by new sets of rules, travel to other international offices, mentor a team of very creative people and help hire great talents. I'm always busy with different, big projects that change yearly, I've never felt bored with what I'm doing and I hope to keep doing it for very long time.

Cons

Some pains with hyper-growth, sometimes no time for details to be ironed out on projects. Challenges with office space. More time has to go to training new employees and reorganizing projects, which reflects on efficiency and productivity. A two year bond is not necessary anymore, I wish it was dropped.

Listening to new ideas from new/old hires. Uniting different teams to work together. Exchanging ideas between different management teams, and more management training. Focusing on Cvent's message and general purpose in industry.

221 Other Employee Reviews for Cvent (View Most Recent)

Land of Opportunity

Current Employee - Marketing Director in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

A lot of companies promise career growth and exciting opportunities, but very few deliver like Cvent. I've been with the company for 8 years and have been a part of so many once in life time career opportunities: taking the company public, developing and launching new products, acquiring new companies and product lines, traveling the world and opening up new offices around the globe. Those are just some of the highlights I've experienced here and the best part is, there is plenty more to come as we take the company into our next growth phase. You will not be a "cog in a wheel" here. For the driven professional, this is truly the land of opportunity.

Cvent is a mission focused company yet the best part about it are the people. Senior management is super smart, they work tirelessly and have established an awesome family vibe for the company. Saying we have an "open door policy" sounds too formal, because most of senior management sits in the pods with their employees and it's just a way of life around here to be transparent and available. I have learned so much from this leadership team.

Contributing to the explosive growth of this company is something that drives me and my coworkers. Working with such carefully selected, smart and passionate people is truly an honor and once you get here, you understand and appreciate the unique Cvent DNA we have created. In short, we work hard and have an awesome time doing it.

Cons

- Surrounded by high performers, those without passion and drive will not do as well here.
    - We are anxiously awaiting the metro stop, right outside of the office

As the organization grows, continue the focus on human capital so we maintain our awesome company culture!

Tons of unique and challenging problems to tackle

Current Employee - Support Engineer in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Support Engineer in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Plenty of growth opportunity if you're a dedicated and driven individual
    -PLENTY of business problems to figure out, and loads of projects that will keep you busy and engaged
    -Extremely talented group of individuals in the Internet Operations Department, DBA's included
    -Exciting time to be with the company since going public
    -Learn-by-doing environment with the opportunity to take on/improve on things you feel need improving
    -India team is an asset that really does set Cvent aside from other SaaS based businesses
    -Willing to take a risk on less experienced, young individuals that show promise and drive

Cons

-The Technology department, specifically Internet Operations, is FAR different then the Sales/Marketing culture. The office culture in general could use a bit of a face lift, the bland cubicles and packed floors degrade the awesome place that Cvent is
    -Company gives off a very "cheap" vibe when it comes to employees. This comes down from the top and is a culture instilled by Reggie (CEO) from times when penny pinching saved the company from collapsing
    -Mentoring is a bit of a pain point in the department at the moment because senior people and managers are so focused/busy with improving the business. While I consider myself a self-starter and enjoy being so, some guidance/training from time to time would advance my skills much quicker
    -Corporate IT department (IS) is a mess and managed poorly

-Invest in your office culture more then just soda machines, it goes a LONG way to employee satisfaction
    -More guidance/mentoring could benefit the organization greatly

There are newer employer reviews for Cvent