Cvent

Voted Best Place to Work in DC for a reason

Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Cvent is an incredible place to start your career. I have had an incredible experience learning, growing, and building a career.
- Culture. Cvent is made up of a group of good, intelligent, fun people coming in to do their best everyday. The culture at Cvent truly is special and lends itself to strong relationships forming between colleagues. It really is a "Work hard, Play hard" environment.
- Growth. Cvent is rapidly growing, which leads to more opportunities and more experiences within the company.
- Travel. Cvent has offices across the globe and provides opportunities for travel between those offices to carry the culture we work hard to maintain.
- Management. The leaders of Cvent really care about their employees. There is really an open door policy.
-Events. Cvent works hard to understand the wants of the employees and deliver. Events like the company holiday party, happy hours, incentives are great.
- Training. Cvent puts you through a 6 week training program when starting an entry level position. It shows they are investing in you and the future of the company.

Cons

Cvent has created an environment that encourages going above and beyond. If you do not find yourself being self-motivating or going the extra mile then Cvent may not be a good fit. I love that environment, but that may be a con for those who feel differently.
- The pay could match the effort a little bit better, but overall if you like what yo are doing like me it is not the worst thing.
- A few more holidays would be nice.
- Since the company is growing fast- there can be times where management does not have a clear answer for next steps (i.e. working through an acquisition can be challenging).

Overall- Every company has pros and cons and Cvent works hard to improve the cons which speaks volumes.

You rock. I appreciate your openness to take criticism and take the opinions of others the heart. Continue to lead with energy, confidence, and candor. I have faith in Cvent, because we have a strong management team supporting us.

232 Other Employee Reviews for Cvent (View Most Recent)

Endless opportunities and enriching challenges, but not without its growing pains

I have been working at Cvent full-time (more than a year)

Pros

In the time that I have been here, I have had the opportunity to work on a number of professionally challenging and rewarding projects and initiatives. I am able to come up with ideas which I am encouraged to share, create the project plan and execute against it with resources and support along the way. Some projects have been related to acquisitions and international expansion - not your every day bullet point on a resume.
    The people here are great - very smart, yet down to earth. It really is a collaborative and open culture where you can speak as easily to an Associate as well as an Executive.
    The cash comp and benefits offering is very competitive and since we went public last year, everyone is excited to reap the benefits when our options vest.
    The location is great in McLean, and will be even better later this year when we move down the street, because we will be right in front of the new metro stop and food truck row!

Cons

Working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing company is not without its fair set of challenges. Not all processes and standards have been established, but are in the works and done with input from employees. The management team is growing with the company and are being pulled in many directions, but it looks like new leaders are being promoted as well as hired externally to help fill any gaps. The working hours are not your standard (though nor is the opportunity to accelerate your career here), and with a family, it is tough to balance at times, but my manager offer flexibility in scheduling that alleviates a lot of the work/life balance stress.

Take the time to really listen to your employees, not just at the surface level, but what really matters to engage them and let them know that you deeply care about them and their development and success. The productivity, efficiency and output will come.

Great place to start a career

Current Employee - Software Engineer in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, great people, great technology, fun happy hours, traveling.

I have been working here for about 2 years now directly from college. I have found it an awesome growing experience. The company is growing so rapidly that their is always a calling for individual leadership and with that opportunities to advance. I have felt that through these past two years I have been given many opportunities to step up to the occasion while still having help when I need it. I also got the awesome experience to visit our India office in Gurgaon for 6 weeks which was an awesome experience.

Cons

No matching 401k. Work hard play hard mentality (I personally like this but others do not). Growing pains but hopefully the new office solves some of these.

Seriously, no matching 401k. In this day in age its too common not to have.

There are newer employer reviews for Cvent