Cvent

www.cvent.com
  www.cvent.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cvent

The epitome of work hard/play hard(er).

Current Employee - Sales Executive in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Sales Executive in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Great exposure to senior management
-The ability to be extremely create and flexible in your day to day job
-Awesome work environment with very fun people
-Rewards and recognition for your work

Cons

-Sometimes it can seem a bit unprofessional because of the lax environment
-You work A LOT - much of this is based on your personal choice as to how much you want to do but, with high quotas, work hours can get long

Please match the 401K. We have been asking for years - please match the 401K.

221 Other Employee Reviews for Cvent (View Most Recent)

Challenging, Exciting, and Growing--Cvent is a fun place to work with real opportunities to propel your career

Current Employee - Associate in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time (more than an year)

Pros

In the time I have been at Cvent I have had the opportunity to travel around the country, work on marketing collateral, work closely with the senior management team, helped to interview and train new employees on my team, communicate with my colleagues in our London office, and all within less than one year of working here. Early responsibility comes at you fast here, but it is a great chance to show your strengths. I am not micro-managed at all and am given freedom to work how I feel I am most productive. But if help is needed, my team is always there to support me. If you want to be a leader at Cvent, start acting like one and you will be treated as such. When you work hard and do well--Cvent is great at recognizing that--and that motivates me to work harder. I am looking for a place to build a career. And since everything happens so fast at Cvent (in one year I saw the company open a UK Office, go public, launch an Audience Management Platform, and now we are moving to a brand new building in a few months) you get that exposure and gain skills faster than you would at other companies.

Of course, the culture is a huge plus. Wearing jeans and a t-shirt any day of the week is a really nice option to have. I love taking part in our ping pong tournaments and have fun socializing with my co-workers at Cvent sponsored events. And I can honestly say I have made some of my best friends here.

I am always excited to come into work and see what is going to happen next.

Cons

The hours are longer than some companies, but they flyyy by fast. Cvent is so fast-paced, growing, and busy that by 6:30 I feel like I still need more time to get everything done. By Friday I am definitely ready for the weekend, but I would rather be really busy and time flies by, than bored and feel like time is dragging.

Keep killin' it. I feel so confident that Cvent is going places because our management team knows what they're doing. There are so many inspiring people on our management team that I look up to. You can see how fast they got there from starting at the entry-level and making their way up the ranks.

Great Culture!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company has been named one of the best places to work in the DC area by the Washington Business Journal 5 out of the 6 past years. There is a reason why the company consistently receives this award. Cvent has a great culture, high performers move up the ranks quite quickly, and we receive constant communication from our senior leadership team! The events, as we are an event management software company, are out of this world!!!

Cons

The company could be more flexible in regards to hours/flexibility. It would also be nice to have a more lucrative benefits package for employees with families vs. individuals.

Management is doing a great job, however be mindful of how quickly we are growing. Employees like to be informed constantly and more flexibility in our work/life balance would be much appreciated.

There are newer employer reviews for Cvent