Cvent

www.cvent.com
  www.cvent.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cvent

Fantastic place to grow professionally

Current Employee - Manager in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Cvent lets me build my career and show my chops to a management team that will actually listen to what I am doing. I like that we all work toward a common goal that is clearly laid out. Cvent is a group of young people trying to change how we do business in the travel space, and Cvent lets me contribute directly without oversight

Cons

It's a work-hard, play-hard type of place. If you are looking for a 9-5 government job, this place is not for you. I wish the senior management would take a few steps back each quarter and give employees a better idea of what is going on and what the vision is for the company.

Keep tabs on the ground level as the company grows. Your success is attributed to your ability to keep a strong pulse on what is happening, so don't lose that ability as we get bigger.

223 Other Employee Reviews for Cvent (View Most Recent)

A great place to gain a lot of experience.

Current Employee - Associate in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time (more than an year)

Pros

When I started at Cvent, I thought I would be doing the same type of work that I was doing with my prior company. In a very short time, I found myself fulfilling that role and so much more. Cvent provides really great opportunity to take on responsibility and grow your career from the chair you are in. I have already been able to implement many ideas into our current process, and that makes work really rewarding at the end of the day. I have also gained exposure to so many things and really feel as though I am growing as a professional.

My favorite part about Cvent is definitely working with fantastic people. Senior management has a busy schedule, but accessibility comes in the form of being extremely friendly and welcoming. I can easily walk into an office and feel very comfortable talking to Directors, VP's, and above.

Cons

Cvent is growing very rapidly, and there is a growing importance on standardized processes and training. Not all of the processes are in place just yet, and although I find that this provides huge opportunities to contribute new ideas, it can sometimes cause some frustration and growing pains.

Continue to hire great people - they bring energy and great ideas.

Don't believe the lies.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I worked at Cvent full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

First of all, let me tell you that almost every single review posted up here in incorrect. HR at Cvent has tons of glassdoor accounts and they come leave these fake reviews.

The only real pro of working here is you get to wear jeans to work every day.

Cons

Horrible hours. Virtually no respect for work life balance. The benefits suck and don't show signs of improving. Cvent thinks they are competitive with other companies in the area, but the real truth is the pay sucks, the benefits suck, and they only care about you as an employee as far as how much work you can produce for them. You won't have a true manager dedicated to your career here - they all are not accountable for anything you do and will stab you in the back the first chance they get. Do not work here.

Show that you care about your employees. And realize that you don't offer any more money than any other company in the area, that your training program is non-existent for non-sales divisions, and that sooner or later you will have to start 401k matching programs. Don't go on and on thanking us for our hard work and boasting about profits, but then refusing to invest in your employees in a meaningful way. What worked for a 500 person company does not work for a 2000 person company and you need to realize that and adapt.

There are newer employer reviews for Cvent