CyberData Technologies

Small Business Consulting Firm

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I have been working at CyberData Technologies

Pros

Flex Work Time, Work/Life Balance style.

Cons

Small Gov. IT Consulting Firm, not many contracts and carrier growth is very limited.

reviews filtered by
  1. Not a bad gig!

Former Contractor - IT Contractor in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Contractor - IT Contractor in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at CyberData Technologies as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

I was assigned to a US Federal office in Saint Petersburg Florida. The recruiter was very nice and helpful. I spoke to my project manager over the phone frequently, but never actually met him for about nine months. The company was very "hands off" which was fortunate because the organisation I was contracted to tended to micromanage with daily meetings and ever-shifting goals. Liberal raises were built into the contract. Fairly good support by management.

Cons

Below average company insurance (through CIGNA.) Management had a tendency to address any problem with "write more reports." By the time I left I was writing daily "books" on nearly every action and conversation I had with organisation staff. I left after being offered a better position after a year and good thing too! The contractor I replaced had been fired due to misunderstanding of processes and failure to use due care rather than being unable to do the work.

Advice to Management

I was fairly happy with the hands-off management style. The report writing got a little tedious and I never got responses to repeated requests (i.e) What do you want in the reports, could you give me an example?"

2. Many oppotunities

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Herndon, VA

I have been working at CyberData Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Easy to work work. PMs I have worked with are very responsive and actually give a darn about your personal growth. Benefits are excellent, although obviously you are going to pay for it. Also the company is pretty good about communicating about new positions they are hiring for.

Cons

The main "con" I have is that there is not a lot of communication coming from HQ about what contracts are being worked on, knowledge-sharing between staff on different programs, etc. Also the benefits are a bit expensive, but on the other hand they at least have good packages available. Last item to me is the education/training benefit is not really sufficient; the level they will pay can easily be wiped out in one advanced MS class for example.

Advice to Management

Management has to do more to communicate to staff about what is going on in the company -- even an e-mail every quarter would be a great idea! Also need to re-examine training benefits, and create some new policies about going to major conference like MS TechEd/Ignite and the like.

There are newer employer reviews for CyberData Technologies