Cycle Gear

There are newer employer reviews for Cycle Gear

Great job for students

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Laguna Hills, CA
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Laguna Hills, CA

I worked at Cycle Gear full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pretty decent employee discounts, fun atmosphere, good stepping stone to move on to bigger and better things in the motorcycle industry.

Cons

Embarrassingly low pay, typical inflexible corporate method of doing things, micro management

Listen to your front line workers. Customers are generally not interested in poor quality products (ie: Frank Thomas). Empower your employees (or at least asst manager/manager level employees) to make decisions on discounts. Continue to sell at MSRP and Cycle Gear will follow the path of retailers like Best Buy... where consumers walk in to physically exam products before ordering online.

37 Other Employee Reviews for Cycle Gear (View Most Recent)

Great Place

Former Employee - Associate in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Associate in Charleston, SC

I worked at Cycle Gear full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work at if everybody is fair and the co-workers are good. I greatly enjoyed working with the people i did and that's what made my job so great. Some days are slow, and others are really fast paced. The training was good and the amount you can learn in a short time is enormous.

Cons

On slow days sales goals can be harsh to meet. They have a great many expectations of you, and none of them are harsh. But just one bad day can ruin your week on the charts.

Be a little less strict sometimes. This is a middle-tier retail position and i understand the pressure you are under. This will vary from manager to manager, but there is NO need to be that strict. Take your job seriously and pass that on but do not suffocate your associates.

You can do better than here, trust me

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Allentown, PA

I worked at Cycle Gear part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Id have to say the only 2 pros are the discount and getting to meet cool people here and there. Thats seriously it.

Cons

Where to start. Well besides making no money and having no life to ride you're motorcycle anymore. The company is now pushing only their exclusive brand "Bilt" over everything else. And the Bilt products honestly suck while you're told to basically lie to customers that they are getting a great quality item. The management is a complete Joke. from the store level to the district leader to the idiots sitting at a desk in corporate. Sales goals can be unrealistic, employees are constantly being let go or quitting. I had an issue with the store manager, reached out to corporate and basically was ignored. If they read this they know exactly who I am. Trust me its not the job you think it will be before you start. A true motorcycle enthusiast should skip this place. And if you're manager
    is anywhere near as evil as mine was goodluck staying out of Jail.

Drop the Bilt brand and you're company might have a future 10 years from now, otherwise along with you're joke of a management team the company will lose alot of business and respect. Though you've already lost mine.

There are newer employer reviews for Cycle Gear