Cycle Gear
www.cyclegear.com Benicia, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great Company To Work For

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Orange, CT

ProsAs far as pros go, obviously any job is what you make it. I personally put a lot of effort into the job and in return got a lot out of it. The discount is pretty awesome, if you ride, youll save a lot of money working here. The pay is pretty competative, if you're just starting out be prepared to make a little above minumum wage but give it time and effort and you can easilly get a raise from becoming a key holder (as well as your annual reviews, in two years my hourly pay went up 2.50/hr which is unheard of in most companies.) The stores "reward system" if you will pays out great to the employees that work hard for it such as inter-company contests with monetary rewards ( sometimes very generous) as well as their "Gear Expert" program which based on how well you sell, can double the amount you make when you sell certain items (spiffs) as well as your commission. (makes a huge impact on your paycheck especially in summer months if you work in the northeast like i do) The upper management regularly checks in to the individual stores, especially new ones which allows you to talk one on one with them and give your two cents. (trust me they listen, and if what you have to say makes sense they will try to get it done) GREAT networking tool to work here. Ive made some friends from customers and even some professional contacts that will benefit me in my future endeavors. BIG opportunity for advancement. Cyclegear is opening up new stores at a fast pace and they will give people already working for the company first dibs on new positions. Its a great way to move up fast. Honestly there is probably more to list but like i said its what you make it. If you slack and dont do your job, your pay will ultimately not be as much as it could be which i could see would lead to some negative reviews.

ConsGoals in winter months are somewhat unrealistic sometimes, 100% satisfaction guarantee is a great thing for customers but i think there should be some stricter limits on what a customer can return. pretty much if they complain about it (regarless of whether or not its their fault) for long enough, management will give the OK to return the item to satisfy the customer, sometimes leaving you with a set of tie downs the customer attempted to suspend his motorcycle from the garage ceiling with, dropping the bike, and blaming the tie downs for not supporting the bike.

but in any job you get your crazies

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher starting pay rate

I used to love motorcycles...

Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cycle Gear full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Motorcycles... if you work at a store. But the sales requirements of the crappy "BiLT" line… Cons: Unrealistic expectations given the tools available at any level of the organization. The soul-sucking corporate culture is terrible. The… Advice to Senior Management: Restructure the executive management. No one feels like they… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great job for students

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
    Laguna Hills, CA

I worked at Cycle Gear full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Pretty decent employee discounts, fun atmosphere, good stepping stone to… Cons: Embarrassingly low pay, typical inflexible corporate method of doing things,… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your front line workers. Customers are generally not interested in poor quality products (ie: Frank Thomas). Empower your employees (or at least asst… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Cycle Gear.

Worked for Cycle Gear? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cycle Gear reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cycle Gear CEO David Betram. All reviews posted anonymously by Cycle Gear employees.