Cycle Gear

www.cyclegear.com

Not a bad job, not a great career

Key Holder (Former Employee) Daytona Beach, FL

ProsGreat concept behind the companies morals. Good discounts, decent pay for the area. It was a fun environment to work in prior to several changes in management. We were almost a family of motorcyclists. As a company it is a well run company, the Daytona store, however has taken a turn for the worst.

ConsBennifits package wasn't all that great, I got the feeling that higher management (district and regional) didn't like the idea of someone with initiative. I worked here while going through college. When I graduated I was wanting to move up the chain of command and become assistant manager, then manage my own store and go corporate-the district manager thought ill of my intentions and wouldn't allow the promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not allow managers to hire their friends as assistants-specially when the friend has no management experience what so ever. Do not burn bridges with customers-word of mouth is intense and can make or break a company.

It is a company that is changing the industry.

I have been working at Cycle Gear full-time

Pros: Great industry, great people as peers Cons: Senior management structure is unstable and is unhelpful in achieving… Advice to Senior Management: Stop micromanaging. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Retail is a revolving door business, and there are reasons why

Sales and Merchandiser (Former Employee)

I worked at Cycle Gear part-time for more than a year

Pros: Great discounts on motorcycle parts and apparel do make a very nice… Cons: Empty promise and low pay. You hardly have any chance of pay raise or promotion if your not a full time employee, and lets be… Advice to Senior Management: Stop treating your team leaders like crap, there's a reason… More
There are newer reviews on Cycle Gear.

Worked for Cycle Gear? Contribute to the Community!