Cycle Gear

www.cyclegear.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Cycle Gear

Hostile work environment, under-paid, and awful management.

Former Employee - Key Holder in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Key Holder in San Diego, CA

I worked at Cycle Gear full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Depending on location (Big box store or regular store) and title, your commission can be quite large. They also have flexible scheduling so if you're a student, it's ideal. If you ride, then the discounts can save you a lot of money, too.
You can advance fairly quickly IF the management likes you.

Cons

Hourly pay is quite low.
The management is just awful.
90% of the time I felt harrassed and lied to.
I had been there for two years, got promoted to supervisor, and was generating 150+% of goal every month in my department. They demoted me and said I had to work on sales. Then, when the position was opened again, they asked if I still wanted it. I said yes, and they said they would start training me for it again... They ended up training a new-hire on my days off, and made her my supervisor.
Everything is ran extremely backwards here. As far as the harrassment goes, I felt singled-out. I was the only employee being targeted like this by the "Team Leader", and even other employees noticed.
When it comes to "team bonding", there is none. The supervisors and higher always eat lunch together in a seperate room. They don't want us regular people to think we're friends.
Part of me thinks they were giving me this run-around in hopes of me quitting, that way I never received unemployment. Well, I stuck it out for as long as I possibly could until I had to just walk out one day and never come back.
I guess this multi-billion dollar company won.

Read the "Cons" section and you'll figure it out.

39 Other Employee Reviews for Cycle Gear (View Most Recent)

Nice team to work with, plenty of opportunities for advancement

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Bridgeton, MO
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Bridgeton, MO

I worked at Cycle Gear full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are alot of bonuses and extra commission available if you work hard and know what you are selling

Cons

you could struggle if youre not prepared to meet daily and weekly sales goals

none

Mediocre at best...

I worked at Cycle Gear full-time

Pros

Co-workers are genuinely friendly
    Casual, laid back environment

Cons

You are valued more on the time spent in the office(even if that means you are just wasting time and space - trust me I have seen many people do that here!) oppose to the actual work productivity. Out-dated systems, no one in the 'upper echelon' really listens until it is too late and by too late I mean, we are in 'Red Alert' mode fixing and cleaning up messes on the back end OR we lose great employees!

Pay your people what they are worth!
    Take the time to listen to your team.
    Managers should meet with their team monthly to discuss where they are at, what they have been doing, where improvement is needed etc...
    Restructure is needed is most departments

There are newer employer reviews for Cycle Gear