Not too bad

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Smyrna, GA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Smyrna, GA

I have been working at Cycle Gear

Pros

If you ride then it has a pretty good discount on the gear

Cons

Low pay and pretty crappy hours like any retail.

Advice to Management

Good job just ignore the district manager more

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Cycle Gear is "Meh."

Current Employee - Keyholder in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Keyholder in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Cycle Gear

Pros

Fun Workplace Interesting Customers and Coworkers Laid-Back Workplace Strong Team-Cohesion

Cons

Sales-Based Performance in a Failing Industry Poor Growth Potential Minimal Comission Poor Hourly Pay Management Can Stymie Innovation

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more, focus on alternative rating systems to balance purely quota-based performance ratings, start carrying better product, respect your employees more.

2. Not a bad job, not a great career

Former Employee - Key Holder in Daytona Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Key Holder in Daytona Beach, FL

I worked at Cycle Gear

Pros

Great concept behind the companies morals. Good discounts, decent pay for the area. It was a fun environment to work in prior to several changes in management. We were almost a family of motorcyclists. As a company it is a well run company, the Daytona store, however has taken a turn for the worst.

Cons

Bennifits package wasn't all that great, I got the feeling that higher management (district and regional) didn't like the idea of someone with initiative. I worked here while going through college. When I graduated I was wanting to move up the chain of command and become assistant manager, then manage my own store and go corporate-the district manager thought ill of my intentions and wouldn't allow the promotion.

Advice to Management

Do not allow managers to hire their friends as assistants-specially when the friend has no management experience what so ever. Do not burn bridges with customers-word of mouth is intense and can make or break a company.