Cycle Gear

Mediocre at best.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Cycle Gear

Pros

Discounts on parts and working in the industry.

Cons

Compensation package was below average.

If you take care of your employees they'll take care of your business, instead of having to keep training new hires due to high turnover.

39 Other Employee Reviews for Cycle Gear (View Most Recent)

fun laid back job

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Cycle Gear part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Discounts, discounts, discounts. If you ride any type of motorcycle then this job is amazing. I've never had a job where I get such a good deal on amazing gear. Vendors like shoei, arai, and dainese give cycle gear employees discounts on their products. I got a $500 shoei brand new from the company for $250. On some things in the store you can get upwards of 60% off. It is absolutely incredible.

Cons

very numbers driven and sales goal oriented. It can get annoying but in the end that is what lets you get those amazing discounts.

Realize that the seasons and the weather have a huge impact on the business of the day. Just because numbers were low one day, does not mean that the employees slacked off all day. Sometimes it just means it was raining.

This has great potential!

I worked at Cycle Gear full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Friendly work environment. Strong Team Work. Very flexible. Great work/home life balance.

Cons

Compensation. Benefits. A little clique-y. Lacks formal processes and procedures (however, I know they are working on it).

If you want Cycle Gear to grow, you will need to leave your muddy boots at the door and standardize a little more. Start small. Like adding name plates at every desk. Adding titles to individuals in the directory. Having an official signature in all correspondence. With the expected expansion, you will need to bring more polished individuals who are going to make the company move forward, they aren't going to come to a company that doesn't even have the simplest things.

There are newer employer reviews for Cycle Gear