Mediocre at best.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Cycle Gear

Pros

Discounts on parts and working in the industry.

Cons

Compensation package was below average.

If you take care of your employees they'll take care of your business, instead of having to keep training new hires due to high turnover.

Other Reviews for Cycle Gear

Assistant Store Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Cycle Gear full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work in a candy store if you are passionate about motorcycles, great industry professional discounts, work with people who are passsionate about the same things, so you make great friends and have a wonderful work environment

Cons

Very corporate retail, turning into the walmart of mtorcycle parts and accessories, dont get paid enough, hours that are not ideal

Retail is detail, if you can embrace that get the monthly store resets over with as well as the never ending signage swap per week you could enjoy this job and have lots of fun with customers and employees

Hostile work environment, under-paid, and awful management.

Former Employee - Key Holder  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Key Holder in San Diego, CA

I worked at Cycle Gear full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Depending on location (Big box store or regular store) and title, your commission can be quite large. They also have flexible scheduling so if you're a student, it's ideal. If you ride, then the discounts can save you a lot of money, too.
    You can advance fairly quickly IF the management likes you.

Cons

Hourly pay is quite low.
    The management is just awful.
    90% of the time I felt harrassed and lied to.
    I had been there for two years, got promoted to supervisor, and was generating 150+% of goal every month in my department. They demoted me and said I had to work on sales. Then, when the position was opened again, they asked if I still wanted it. I said yes, and they said they would start training me for it again... They ended up training a new-hire on my days off, and made her my supervisor.
    Everything is ran extremely backwards here. As far as the harrassment goes, I felt singled-out. I was the only employee being targeted like this by the "Team Leader", and even other employees noticed.
    When it comes to "team bonding", there is none. The supervisors and higher always eat lunch together in a seperate room. They don't want us regular people to think we're friends.
    Part of me thinks they were giving me this run-around in hopes of me quitting, that way I never received unemployment. Well, I stuck it out for as long as I possibly could until I had to just walk out one day and never come back.
    I guess this multi-billion dollar company won.

Read the "Cons" section and you'll figure it out.

There are newer employer reviews for Cycle Gear.

Worked for Cycle Gear? Contribute to the Community!