There are newer employer reviews for Cypress Security

Security Guard for over a year. No misunderstandings. Pleasant experience. Good boss. C0-workers were pleasant.

Former Employee - Security Guard in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Security Guard in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Cypress Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wasn't exceptional. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Cons

Pay was lower than other security companies.

Advice to Management

Pay was lower than some companies. Job was the same.

Other Employee Reviews for Cypress Security

1. Great company culture with opportunities for advancement!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Cypress Security full-time

Pros

In my experience Cypress Security has a great employee centric culture and offers opportunities for advancement for anyone who is interested in a career in the security industry. I have been an employee at Cypress for several years and have taken full advantage of the training program and employee benefits offered to me.

Cons

I would like to see more of “upper management” visiting the various sites where our employees work.

Needs Improvement

I worked at Cypress Security full-time

Pros

One needs a job? You have one.

Cons

I have seen first hand how upper management works here, and I am sad to admit that if you are not in a manager position at the corporate office, you will not feel valued or appreciated as an employee. The upper management will not take the time to get to know you, or have conversations with you if you are not a "manager". Frankly, I would not even treat a janitor like this. Most of the managers will form cliques and leave out the average new employee. One would be left out of meetings, retreats, conversations, e-mails, even though he/she is an administrator in that subject. Even if you have some experience and an advanced degree, the upper managers do not care what you have to contribute/say, and don't find your knowledge valuable to them in any way. Finally, if you are an hourly employee, they will shout at you about ANY overtime you are doing, however miniscule. Upper managers will be quick to cancel your benefits, but find ways to not offer them to you, mostly because they are not even aware, or don't care about what benefits laws exist. It's ALL about what makes them money.

Advice to Management

Treat all of your employees equally and fairly so that managers and regular employees don't develop an us vs them mentality. Be more educated and aware of the labor laws out there. Treat all of your employees like they matter and find ways to help them develop and advance in their career.

Cypress Security Response

Jun 15, 2015 – HR Manager

I am sorry you felt left out of management decisions in your short time here. We value all of our employees and want their feedback and suggestions as part of our desire to always improve. While all ... More