Cypress Semiconductor
www.cypress.com San Jose, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Cypress - No Rest for the Weary

Finance (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

ProsYou will learn a ton in a short amount of time. You will always be expected to work at 1 - 2 grade levels above your pay grade, which means you will develop a lot of useful skills that you can take elsewhere (and use to negotiate a better title & salary at your new company).

ConsExpect to be worked to death. I spent the last 2 years working 12 hours a day without letup. There are no ebbs and flows; rather, it's like being forced to drink from a fire hose constantly. The problem is the company's near-obsessive focus on OPEX - the number of employees kept on the payroll is the absolute bare bones required to keep this place from collapsing. You will be expected to do the work of 1.5 - 2 people, simply because the company doesn't want to pay 1.5 - 2 people.

Because of the unrelenting pace of the work, Cypress tends not to be a place where women thrive. Very little work/life balance. Take a look around - in any given Ops Review, there might be 4 women present in a room of 75+ people. There are literally 3 women in executive-level positions here.

Advice to Senior ManagementPointless. Management doesn't listen to suggestions @ Cypress.

Agressive Scheduling

Senior Applications Engineer (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cypress Semiconductor

Pros: I am very fond of my hardworking coworkers at Cypress,… Cons: There is too much process and corporate policy which prevents the important… Advice to Senior Management: Create realistic schedules and use the engineers to do more engineering. I feel that it is… More

learn a lot about the immediate work environment but not of other job functions essential to the company's success

Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Cypress Semiconductor

Pros: Learn a lot of from peers and managers. Good sharing… Cons: As with many large companies, difficult to learn about other… Advice to Senior Management: Offer more cross functional training - allow it fit into normal work… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Cypress Semiconductor.

Worked for Cypress Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cypress Semiconductor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cypress Semiconductor CEO T. J. Rodgers. All reviews posted anonymously by Cypress Semiconductor employees.