Cypress Semiconductor

www.cypress.com

Former Engineer - A Very Dysfunctional Organization in Bloomington Minnesota!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bloomington, MN

ProsBenefits is just standard.
You can learn a lot.
Lots of talented people (but being used as a slave).
Cultural diversity.
Work location closed to Mall of America.

ConsCompensation is terrible. Work load ratio is 5:1. Management sucks. Competition is not healthy.

I spent years in this company. In the beginning there were lots of enthusiasm and energy because I thought this is a good company to inspire one's passion. However, overtime things degraded from bad to worst when the management are scrambling on how to make TJ happy - and this became the only motto of the company. Nothing else. Very frustrating.

The organization in Bloomington is very dysfunctional, currently ran by a former navy "rescue" guy who doesnt know anything but to intimidate people and full of BS. An operation guy on "roids" who loves to pull up a lot of power trips and do lots of self promotions. This place is RUN BY POLITICIANS and kiss up people who only knows how to survive TJ's wrath. And that's all they know. Management is not the only problem, the HR is as also very dysfunctional who doesnt have any human factor in dealing with people. HR worked for the management, they dont care about the rest of the people and that's a fact. The performance review process is really terrible - It is really based on how good you kiss up with your boss. If your boss dont like you then start looking for a job because sooner or later you'll end up at the bottom. A lot of good actors/actresses in this company. Very difficult to know who is your enemy and who is your real friend. People love to gossip and start a rumour and that's very frustrating and it's a fact. 2 to 3 people leave this place every month and the HR/management dont care because the mentality is they can replace anybody anytime. People are loud - always trying to make a statement that they are better than everybody else. Really, the competition is based on how loud you are, and you'll be rewarded if you have this kind of attitude. Every meeting reviews are like courthouse, anything you say will be used against you and in contempt - It's terrible. Management ask too much things to do and they think it's easy - seriously!

Lots of good companies out there. Based from my frustrating experience, I would not want to waste my time with Cypress.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart looking on how to motivate your people by looking on the human factors of management. All you care is keeping your own job and looking on numbers. Too much politics. Too much BS. Too much favoritism. Change your performance review based on accomplishments, loyalty, attitude, and quality. All you know is only looking on the quantitative side of the job. This is the reason why every day the life in Cypress is only to survive. The management in this place dont have any vision at all. Section managers dont have balls to stand up for their people. Stop compromises. Stop ruining people's lives.

Probably the worst job ever.

Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

I worked at Cypress Semiconductor full-time for more than a year

Pros: Interesting technology, interesting CEO with good core values on paper.… Cons: Company core value claims to "deplore" politics. The reality is the opposite. TJ, surrounds himself with yes-men. The most recent VP is notorious for being… Advice to Senior Management: Same advice you give to everyone else: "Fix it. Right now. Or your fired!" Since this is a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Interesting products make this company worth it if you learn to brush off the frustration.

Principal Design Engineer (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cypress Semiconductor full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: After nearly 30 years, CY still manages to succeed in an extremely volatile market. While many semiconductor companies come and go, CY stays the… Cons: Management is stifling and has a poor track record of execution. Many product lines have gone by the wayside because of the management style,… Advice to Senior Management: If you believe your core values, and you really have hired "only the best", entitle… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Cypress Semiconductor.

Worked for Cypress Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!