There are newer employer reviews for Cypress Semiconductor

Design Engineer

I worked at Cypress Semiconductor full-time

Pros

The company has a technical focus and engineers are well respected in the company. Easy access to information and management to get the work done.

Cons

There is a high pressure to get it 100% right the first time and this low margin for error tends to create a lot of tension for managers.

227 Other Employee Reviews for Cypress Semiconductor (View Most Recent)

Good place to work for

I have been working at Cypress Semiconductor full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good people
    Good Employee Stock Purchase Program

Cons

Too much mangement overhead
    Bad weather

Cypress, A Religon All it's Own--If you join this company, leave your Christian Values behind--Prepare to be brainwashed

Former Employee - Principal Analog Design Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Principal Analog Design Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Cypress Semiconductor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Original Company Core Values respectable and correct--corrupted over time by self-seeking company managers

Cons

The Company does not respect the personal values of it's employees. Lying, subterfuge, and cover-up is expected from employees, so as to proliferate management " tall tales" on issues throughout the company. If one stands by thier principles and tells the truth regarding company issues, one is told what to say, such that it matches the "story" management wishes to tell. If one refuses to just "go-along" with the dictated "story", one gets the privilidge of attending countless meetings on the subject of the "story", pursued and told to "conform" to management's line, much like one would endure in a Communist re-education camp.
      I once attended no less than 10 "meetings" as described above, all with the intent of wearing me down so I would just accept management's "version" of the facts on an issue. This is much like brainwashing.
      HR simply reinforces Management's "tales" and behaviors. Cypress cannot handle the truth....worse, the Company does much psycological damage to all that must work there.
      I escaped to a better job. I hope all that hate the above behaviors can get out.

Examine yourselves, your behaviors, and change them into something respectable

There are newer employer reviews for Cypress Semiconductor