Cystic Fibrosis Foundation

www.cff.org
  www.cff.org
There are newer employer reviews for Cystic Fibrosis Foundation

As in any job especially one where fundrasing is so important to the bottom line, it can be tense.

Current Employee - Logistics in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Logistics in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Cystic Fibrosis Foundation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

THe pros of the job is that it is providing valuable resources and research to cure Cystic Fibrosis.

Cons

Alot of work that requires overtime and untraditional hours.

Take stock in the resources that your staff have to offer, sometimes a new concept will work.

39 Other Employee Reviews for Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (View Most Recent)

Challenging

Current Employee - Executive Director in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Cystic Fibrosis Foundation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

good education on research for a cure

Cons

very limited budget to work with, continually relying on volunteers to do more and more.

identify opportunity for employees to invest in research for part of royalty return

No checks and balances for senior management creating an evil dictatorship senario.

Former Employee - Development Director in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Development Director in Nashua, NH

I worked at Cystic Fibrosis Foundation

Pros

It's a great cause and you'll meet some very wonderful people. I could not speak more highly of the families and volunteers I worked with to help "cure cf".

Cons

The pay and benefits are average although once you are set at a salary there is not much advancement from there- you might get a 1-2% raise a year, if you're good...
    Senior Management at the Northern New England Chapter uses threats and scare tatics to achieve goals and benchmarks. Weekly staff meetings were a screamfest and usually ended in tears. Everyone is in a constant state of fear and panic. If you try to sit down and "talk it out" with senior management at the chapter, you will be accused of not being good at your job and put you on a "performance improvement plan" which basically meant that if you retaliated again, you wouldl be fired. There were no checks and balances which allowed for an evil dictatorship senario to occur. Employees were scared to loose their job if they spoke out or contacted HR about the situation because "everything comes back to senior management." A number of the employees I worked with at the time were on anti-anxiety medication and my "ah-ha" moment came when I had a full-blown anxiety attack and was told i needed to start taking anti-anxiety medication as well. I cannot warn someone enough- don't take this job for any amount of money!

Invest in good leadership and you will not experience such a high turnover rate. Initiate a checks and balance system to prevent a terrible situation. Also, listen to your employees when they alert you of a hostile situation- if 5 people quit in an office of 6 within 18 months, you must know something isn't right.

There are newer employer reviews for Cystic Fibrosis Foundation