There are newer employer reviews for D.R. Horton

Fast pace, very polictical

Current Employee - Vice President Sales and Marketing in Woodland Hills, CA
Current Employee - Vice President Sales and Marketing in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at D.R. Horton

Pros

Money and advancement brutally fast pace and hires exceptional employees that have tremendous skills in all facets of the building industry

Cons

Burn through employees, unless politically connected

Advice to Management

Think customer service internally and externally

reviews filtered by

A great place for anyone looking for an internship experience

Former Employee - Intern in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Former Employee - Intern in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at D.R. Horton

Pros

While on my internship I was mentored by several different people in several positions. They did a great job at teaching me what they knew, helping me develop a professional character, and gave me freedom with certain assignments allowing me to say that a certain project was my very own.

Cons

The pay was definitely not what I could consider competitive but the experience that I had definitely made up for it.

Advice to Management

I felt like my experience at D.R. Horton was a great one. I understand the compensation for my efforts was the best the company could do, but maybe when the market begins to turn, I'd offer a bit more to your interns to become more competitive. This would also make your company a more attractive one to graduates and that will only help your company in the long run.

D R Horton - great if you are a member of the good ol' boys club.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at D.R. Horton

Pros

Great benefits and a flexible schedule. Great stock option plan. 401k matching is generous. Great place to work if you are single with no kids or have older kids.

Cons

Work/life balance could use improvement. If you get sick or your kids get sick, well, depending on your manager/department......and you use all of or a lot of your sick tme as a result, they may try to use it as a mark against you.

Advice to Management

Promote a better work/life balance. Stop letting employees who brown nose and suck up advance while others stay in the same position.

There are newer employer reviews for D.R. Horton