D.R. Horton

www.drhorton.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for D.R. Horton

Giving the current condition of the economy working for D.R. Horton is very stagnant

Current Employee - Superintendent in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Superintendent in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at D.R. Horton

Pros

1. Good pay. 2. you are your own boss for the most part. 3. Lots of vacation days to take after 5 years.

Cons

As the company navigates it's way through this down economy after laying off about 80% of the work force "we are asked to do the job of 5 plus employees without receiving any extra compensation. We have lost bonus money and no raises have been giving out for 4 years. Also as field construction employee you are left out of most company functions. The past for years has been very stagnant place to work with no light at the end of the tunnel as far as advancement or salary increases. All in all you get the feeling that the company could care less.

Take care of the employees that you have choosen to keep because they are great at what they do. offer the same opportunities to all employees. let your employees know how valuble they are especially when you cannot give out raises.

85 Other Employee Reviews for D.R. Horton (View Most Recent)

Fast pace, very polictical

Current Employee - Vice President Sales and Marketing in Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales and Marketing in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at D.R. Horton

Pros

Money and advancement brutally fast pace and hires exceptional employees that have tremendous skills in all facets of the building industry

Cons

Burn through employees, unless politically connected

Think customer service internally and externally

A great place for anyone looking for an internship experience

Former Employee - Intern in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Former Employee - Intern in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at D.R. Horton

Pros

While on my internship I was mentored by several different people in several positions. They did a great job at teaching me what they knew, helping me develop a professional character, and gave me freedom with certain assignments allowing me to say that a certain project was my very own.

Cons

The pay was definitely not what I could consider competitive but the experience that I had definitely made up for it.

I felt like my experience at D.R. Horton was a great one. I understand the compensation for my efforts was the best the company could do, but maybe when the market begins to turn, I'd offer a bit more to your interns to become more competitive. This would also make your company a more attractive one to graduates and that will only help your company in the long run.

There are newer employer reviews for D.R. Horton