D.R. Horton

www.drhorton.com
  www.drhorton.com
There are newer employer reviews for D.R. Horton

A most disrespectful group of owners.

Former Employee - Sales Counselor
Former Employee - Sales Counselor

I worked at D.R. Horton

Pros

Office supplies available without expense.

Cons

Hortons are puppet-masters. They ridicule personnel every chance they get. Each Monday morning is an exercise in slavery to the Kings. In monetary terms, please know:
1) They advertise the individual's cell number and offer NO payment for the use of YOUR phone
2) They did not pay me the "back-end" commissions of deals left by the previous Counselor
3) They did not develop building sites to keep up with my sales pace. I was dead in the water

Heartless group who would ignore advise, if given. They know it all.

74 Other Employee Reviews for D.R. Horton (View Most Recent)

Do your homework before you accept a job or particular community.

I have been working at D.R. Horton

Pros

Compensation can be good if you're in a good community, especially if you exceed your quota. Health benefits are ok. Nice coworkers.

Cons

If you're stuck in a bad community, I hope you have a lot of savings, because you might just sit there forever. Management is slow to make changes while you starve to death. They do not share information with you either, so you are left to wonder if you'll ever get help or get moved. No weekends off and very little work/life balance, but that's new homes for you!

Listen to your employees. They know what they need to sell. Make sure there's a work/life balance and that they have the tools to be successful. Show that you care. It goes a long way with employees.

They want you to sell a house no matter what.

Former Employee - New Home Sales Specialist
    Former Employee - New Home Sales Specialist

I worked at D.R. Horton

Pros

Pay and benefits were pretty good.

Cons

You have to be responsible for having their office open during business hours but you do not make an hourly wage for this, you are 100% commission. This means it is difficult to go out within the community to connect with Realtors and buyers unless you do it on your own time or over the phone. Some of the management spoke down to sales staff and no matter how much you sold, they demanded more..more...more. There was NO training and sales staff at our communities fumbled through computer programs and pricing for upgrades. Could never get a straight answer on anything.

Have more training or at least manuals to help with your procedures. Be concerned for your sales staff and they're make more money for you in the long run.

There are newer employer reviews for D.R. Horton