D.R. Horton

www.drhorton.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for D.R. Horton

A great place for anyone looking for an internship experience

Former Employee - Intern in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
Former Employee - Intern in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at D.R. Horton

Pros

While on my internship I was mentored by several different people in several positions. They did a great job at teaching me what they knew, helping me develop a professional character, and gave me freedom with certain assignments allowing me to say that a certain project was my very own.

Cons

The pay was definitely not what I could consider competitive but the experience that I had definitely made up for it.

I felt like my experience at D.R. Horton was a great one. I understand the compensation for my efforts was the best the company could do, but maybe when the market begins to turn, I'd offer a bit more to your interns to become more competitive. This would also make your company a more attractive one to graduates and that will only help your company in the long run.

85 Other Employee Reviews for D.R. Horton (View Most Recent)

D R Horton - great if you are a member of the good ol' boys club.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at D.R. Horton

Pros

Great benefits and a flexible schedule. Great stock option plan. 401k matching is generous. Great place to work if you are single with no kids or have older kids.

Cons

Work/life balance could use improvement. If you get sick or your kids get sick, well, depending on your manager/department......and you use all of or a lot of your sick tme as a result, they may try to use it as a mark against you.

Promote a better work/life balance. Stop letting employees who brown nose and suck up advance while others stay in the same position.

get ready to work your ass off

Former Employee - Senior Construction Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Construction Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at D.R. Horton

Pros

Great benefits with the opportunity to learn the art of homebuilding from the ground up. great opportunity to create relationships with vendors and skilled trades. Very little micromanagement from the management.

Cons

ever changing bonus structure. your bonus are tied into customer surveys and build time. it's the good ole boy buddy system in order to get promotions. your base salary is relatively low for the amount of hours that have to be worked. 60 plus hours per week. if you don't work at least those kind of hours you won't make your full bonus.

stop changing the bonus structure, and get competent people into management. not the good ole boy system.

There are newer employer reviews for D.R. Horton