DB Consulting Group

www.dbconsultinggroup.com
  www.dbconsultinggroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for DB Consulting Group

A good time, with a good team, working for a terrible company.

Former Employee - Applications Engineer  in  Fairmont, WV
Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Fairmont, WV

I worked at DB Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good hiring, at least in WV. My team was excellent

Cons

No visibility to management or to HR when not working at their home location. Poor HR to begin with. Lack of advancement opportunity.

Start listening to your employees, and quit using them as a paycheck.

8 Other Employee Reviews for DB Consulting Group (View Most Recent)

good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at DB Consulting Group

Pros

benefits are good.
    hours are flexible
    manager is understanding of work/life relationship

Cons

dealing with the egos of some employees
    not getting proper direction for work
    not getting properly recognized for work completed

Wonderful place to do good AND do well

Former Employee - Program Manager  in  Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at DB Consulting Group

Pros

Pros: DB offers a very rare opportunity to do public interest work in the private sector. It was an amazing privilege to be able to work on behalf of residents in inner-city housing projects, while having all of the resources of a top of the line private consulting firm. Also, the firm is easily the most diverse place I've ever worked, and one of the most welcoming to parents with children. It is normal and expected to see children in the office after school, on school vacations, etc, there to visit their parents or grandparents.

Cons

There were two primary cons that I could see. First, DB is a privately held, family owned company owned by a Father and Son. Although the firm is very professional overall, there was occasional tension in the leadership that seemed related more to family issues than business concerns. That said, unless you are in the top layer of management, it wasn't anything you'd notice on a daily basis. Also, HR administration was absolutely terrible, especially when it came to hiring. Once I actually got there, my boss and team were amazing -- but I nearly quit before I even started because I had such a bad impression of the company from its hiring process (or lack thereof). The best advice I can give to newcomers is to stick it out, take the hiring process with a grain of salt, and do your best to keep in touch with the person who will actually be your manager so you can keep your motivation up to work for the company.

Other than what I described above, I don't really have any. This is a wonderful place to work. The people are very smart and hard working, and DB truly offers an unparalleled opportunity to do public interest work in a private sector setting. It is absolutely the best of both worlds. If my spouse had not gotten a job in another city, it's hard for me to imagine I ever would have wanted to leave.

There are newer employer reviews for DB Consulting Group

Worked for DB Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!