Nothing but stellar

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DB&A full-time for less than a year

Pros

From the orientation at home office to the teams at two projects, I have gained important knowledge and am learning our tools and methodology from their collective experiences. Also, it has been made very clear to me, both through individual communication and our recent annual meeting, that I am an important member of the DBA Family.

Cons

If you don't like to travel, have constant interaction with people or work well in a team environment, this may not be for you.

The teams I have worked on thus far have been both knowledgeable and helpful in my continued personal growth.

Other Reviews for DB&A

The best thing for this company to do is to fire everyone and hire good, honest and professional people!

I worked at DB&A

Pros

You get to travel and see different industries and have plenty of stories about what to do, or what not to do while managing people. Out of all of the bad people in the company, there are some great ones and you get to gain some lifelong friends. Staff is usually like family when you are on a project and helps somewhat when you miss your own at home so much.

Cons

Consulting and client training does not help you at all in the field, and project managers consistently hold you accountable for expectations they never set and things that you are not taught. Unprofessionalism at client sites by senior level staff and upper management made me embarrassed to be associated with this company. No matter what your background or experience, as a new staff you are treated like you are straight out of high school and have the IQ of a rock. Public embarrassment and harrassment are a cultural norm, and feedback in the form of getting yelled and cursed at is common practice. They promise 48 hours at home on the weekends but hardly deliver. If you try to listen to the client and do what is right for them, you get yelled at by the project manager and senior staff and told that you are wrong. Then this causes rework later on when the tools DBA shoved in the clients' faces don't work, and you get yelled at again because you should have listened to the client in the first place. It is a "do as I say, not as I do" environment where senior staff say one thing about the client behind their back, but another to their face, and then they wonder why clients don't want them at the site anymore. The president of the company has a good vision about how to develop staff and move the company in a positive direction, but none of his management staff in the field listen to him or practice the expectations that he sets forth. The turnover is way too high and the bad thing is that it is always the good ones that leave because of the horrible culture of the company.

My advice to management is to self assess whether your view of business ethics are truly ethical and if what you are doing is actually going to benefit the client with sustainable success, or is only putting money into DBA's pockets.

Antiquated end use products to customers and poor leadership are trumped only by DB&A's insatiable appetite for billing.

Current Employee - Management Consultant  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Management Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DB&A full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ability to learn and execute a basic Process Improvement installation.
    Ability to operate across a number of different industries.
    Exposure to what leadership styles work and do not work internally and externally.
    Accelerated access to travel loyalty programs.

Cons

Overall business culture is codependent & self-destructive.
    Leadership operates with an aggressive, narcissistic posture.
    Restricted access to external networking opportunities with clients.
    Antiquated end use products to customers.
    Poor work-life balance philosophy.
    Non-competitive pay structure.
    Absence of internal Mentoring Program.

In order for leadership to grow the company, business managers must recognize the severe gaps between the way they perceive how the business operates and how the business operation is actually executed in the field. Although steps are taking place to improve the overall quality of life inside DB&A, the company continues to lack basic self-awareness as the contributing factor to growth stagnation. If DB&A is unable to adapt to advances in technology and personnel management, its associates will pay the most severe penalty for investing their professional lives to an organization whose primary focus is partner dividends.

There are newer employer reviews for DB&A.

Worked for DB&A? Contribute to the Community!