Contract Recruiter

Former Contractor - Contract Recruiter in Dallas, TX
Former Contractor - Contract Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I worked at DB&A as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

A great variety of professionals to engage in phone conversations via web based resume searches.

Cons

Criteria for applicants was not consistent based on multiple interviewers.

Advice to Management

Eliminate the WIS process from the interview steps.

DB&A Response

Jul 17, 2013Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you, we value your feedback. We have revamped the recruiting process completely in 2013. We are always looking at ways to create a better candidate experience and bring the best talent to our ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Work hard, live the results.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at DB&A full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Client change
    -Keep your travel points (Hotels, airfare, and rental cars)
    -Challenging environments
    -The people
    -The CEO
    -The training
    -Feedback and professional growth

Cons

-Time spent away from home, but this is clearly explained and talked about.

Advice to Management

Continue the change, we want more.

2. Good at doing the same one thing for a few less clients every year. Cut your teeth, dress your wounds and get out.

Former Employee - Staff Associate/Vice President in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Staff Associate/Vice President in Dallas, TX

I worked at DB&A full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

DBA has some amazing people with intellect, integrity and passion. These people work in service delivery and the market analyst teams.
       Work ethic is the same as any good firm - demanding, so while you are there you can feel like you work for a world-class firm.
       You will see the underbelly of the USA and enjoy looking at nice hotels across the street from your TravelLodge. You will master most any GPS system after 2 or 3 engagements.
       The leaders DO NOT discriminate with their belief that all clients are morons and 70% of their employees are morons.
       Regardless if you asked to be fired, or they got to feel tall firing you - it will be one of the best moments of your life.
       Your experience will educate you. You will learn 30 year old project "best practices" and modern day leadership "worse practices".

Cons

The 30% of employees with intellect, ethics and passion are like fighter jets that are never permitted to leave the hanger deck. In my prior 14 years of professional services, I have never worked with a firm has had absolutely NO interest in helping their clients solve complex problems. I've never worked with a more closed minded leadership team afraid of failing at expanding a firm. Paralyzed.

DBA excels at using checklists to remind clients they are at work and should do some things in a logical order. Even happy clients with productivity gains, offering insights into broader business issues, needs and concerns. These opportunities for new projects are ignored in lieu of a new client with employees that need to be reminded they are at work.

The firm leaders all realize and openly brag that there is:
       No growth plan for the firm beyond a scripted approach to selling one thing
       No concept how to develop long term client relationships and mine accounts
       No business acumen, or interest in listening to clients discuss broad business needs
       No interest in expanding: solution sets and overall revenue
       No need to exceed client expectations

Advice to Management

DBA leaders know they are the best in their our world, so advice is to benefit those considering employment. DB&A leaders focus on meaningless details and micromanage a stagnate firm with precision. For the key reluctant leaders a $40-$50 million/year goal is a career accomplishment. They hit it almost every year for the past 10 years.

There is no regard for the personal growth or wealth of employees. Firm leaders should join a sociopath's support group for leaders. Less Drama - Endless drama for normal business issues and opportunities for absolutely no reason. The firm has been stagnate for years with a few bumps and pot holes - trend is a flatline. Take your own advice - fire more people and do more of the roles yourself you will feel more powerful even with less revenue/year maybe even a little more profitable.