There are newer employer reviews for DB&A

I know I made the right choice.

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DB&A full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Excellent support and people who want you to succeed
-New places and experiences every 3 to 6 months
-Work is challenging
-Lots of opportunity to learn

Cons

-I love travel, but it's not for everyone. Make sure you have a good support system and good reading material for airport delays
-Sometimes long hours, but it's all worth it to see the project's success
-A physical job, lots of walking and standing.

Advice to Management

I have heard were changing, I am new to the company, so I don't know about the past, but the future looks good.

reviews filtered by

The most unprofessional company in the country

Former Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at DB&A full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-You meet some excellent people - most of whom leave or are fired.
    -You increase your Excel, PowerPoint and Word experience.
    -You earn a ton of travel points.
    -you are exposed to multiple industries and locations.

Cons

-Most of the Senior Consultants, Project Managers, Chiefs and other management personnel are solely focused on advancing no matter what the cost.
    -Ethics have no value in this company. Clients are targeted for either praise or extreme criticism to make it look like they are focused on the project. Associates who tell the truth about client behavior are screamed at and vilified.
    - DB&A managers are hugely discriminatory and vulgar in their statements during group meetings. The language and statements made are absolutely offensive and unacceptable. In no other company have I heard clients referred to in this manner.
    -Savings calculations are rooted in voodoo accounting.

Advice to Management

Move into this century. Actually pay attention to the behaviors of your field personnel. Rather than covering up for the bad behavior of these people, enact some type of standards and quit trying to hide or excuse it.

Forget it.

Former Employee - Management Consultant
    Former Employee - Management Consultant

I worked at DB&A full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best part about working for DBA is engaging companies, clients, and executives around the country. This way when you leave the organization you will be able to use tangile, real-world experiences to find the job you really, actually want.

Cons

Nearly everything, the hours are long, bosses are egomaniacs, and you really see how poorly corporations are run throughout the country. Points earned off flights and hotels are a result of said flights and hotel stay - not an actual pro or con. The company claims to be improving, however, I have seen many excecutives in the company leave in the last two years, just check LinkedIn and it's fairly obvious.

Advice to Management

It should be obvious the company cannot continue to utilize such data information management tools and such inept personnel working for the company. But the reality is executive management isn't going to change. In the end, they will continue to hold onto the idea the company does good work when they don't. Because they have nowhere else to go. And maybe that is the saddest thing of all.